Hooker 6201HKR Super Competition Headers, 1970-71 Ford/Mercury 429-460
429 Ford Big Block V8, 460 Ford Big Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Temporary Paint
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
With Hooker Super Competition the objective has always been to make the maximum horsepower possible and to put it at the optimum point in the power curve. Because of the immense complexity of a modern engine and vehicle combination there are no simple quick answers. It takes a lot of time and money to do the job right. We will sometimes spend up to 2 to 3 times more just to make the Super Competition header work only 5 to 10% better. That commitment to excellence has made Hooker Headers the winningest header manufacturer in automotive drag racing history. With applications ranging from 50 state legal headers for a Chevy Truck to stepped headers for Pro Stock cars, you can bet Hooker Headers has a header that will make your car quicker, faster and lighter.
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
- Designed for optimal performance
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- 5/16 machined flanges for a perfect seal
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- Light weight & sturdy 18 gauge tubing
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Tuned-length primary tubes for maximum exhaust scavenging and velocity
NotesThe paint applied to these headers is a temporary coating only and is designed to burn off during use. High temperature paint or other high temperature coatings are recommended.
More Like This
Hooker 6115HKR Super Competition Headers, 1970-73 Ford/Mercury 429-460
Hooker 6210HKR Super Competition Headers, 1967-1971 Ford/Mercury, 351C
Hooker 6201-1HKR Super Competition Headers, 70-71 Ford/Mercury 429-460
Hooker 6115-1HKR Super Competition Headers, 70-73 Ford/Mercury 429-460
Hooker 6901-3HKR Competition Headers, 1966-1974 Ford/Mercury, 260-351W
Hooker 6915-3HKR Competition Headers, 1970-1973 Ford/Mercury, 351C 4V
Hooker 6915HKR Competition Headers, 1970-1973 Ford/Mercury, 351C 4V
Hooker 6901-1HKR Competition Headers, 1966-74 Ford/Mercury, SBF
Hooker 6915-1HKR Competition Headers, 1970-1973 Ford/Mercury, 351C 4V
Hooker 6915-4HKR Competition Headers, 1970-1973 Ford/Mercury, 351C 4V
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about using a set of Small Block Chevy Sprint Roadster headers for his trike, powered by a stock 305.
In this Tech Tip, one of our customers asks for a suggestion on exhaust headers for his 1933 pickup.