Hooker 5901-3HKR Competition Full Length Header, Black Ceramic
Chrysler Small Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Black ceramic coated, Steel, Black
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
This exclusive proprietary black ceramic coating offers the nostalgic look of the past as well as the aggressive look of a modern high-tech build. It also offers a more refined texture and appearance than is possible from painted finishes. With a satin sheen it has a unique look of its own and in addition to providing a more menacing look it also provides all the corrosion resistance of traditional silver ceramic. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Works with power steering, power brakes and air conditioning
67-82 Mopar A/B/E/F Bodies
Tube Size 1.625" O.D. x 34"
Collector Size 3" O.D.
Collector Length 8"
Port Shape-Same As Port
More Like This
Hooker 5901-4HKR Competition Full Length Header, Titanium Ceramic
Hooker 5901HKR Competition Full Length Header, Painted
Hooker 5901-1HKR Competition Full Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 13100FLT Long Tube Header, Painted, 1.625 Inch Tube Size
Hooker 5602-1HKR Super Competition Full Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 33100FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5602HKR Super Competition Full Length Header, Painted
Hooker 5903-3HKR Competition Full Length Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5101-1HKR Super Competition Full Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5209-1HKR Super Competition Full Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about using a set of Small Block Chevy Sprint Roadster headers for his trike, powered by a stock 305.
In this Tech Tip, one of our customers asks for a suggestion on exhaust headers for his 1933 pickup.