Hooker 2476HKR Mid Length Headers, Black Paint
Chevy Small Block V8, Mid-Length Header Tube Type, Temporary Paint, Standard Flange Style
If you are looking for maximum ground clearance for your First Gen Camaro, Hooker Headers announces the release of their new mid- length headers for the classic 67-69 F-Body (Camaro/Firebird) and 68-72 X-Body vehicles (Nova, Omega, Ventura, Apollo). These headers bring modern features and fitment to these classic platforms.
- Designed for Pro Touring style or aggressively lowered vehicles where ground clearance is of utmost importance
- Mid-length geometry designed for maximum ground clearance and optimized engine compartment fitment
- Provide an elevated level of port finishing and fitment clearances compared to SB Chevy headers typically offered for this application
- 3/8 laser cut flanges, TIG welded and flat finished for maximum strength and a leak free seal
- 1-3/4" primary tube diameter designed for maximum performance
- Coated in high heat resistant black paint for a classic look
- Long-taper collectors for smooth exhaust flow transition from the headers to the exhaust system
- Compatible with straight and angle plug heads
- Compatible with all stock manual and power steering boxes
- Compatible with GM 152 and 168 tooth starters
- Compatible with stock A/C evaporator case
- Compatible with stock floor shift automatic transmissions; column shift automatics require the use of Lokar, or similar, aftermarket shift linkage. Not compatible with column shift manual transmissions or floor shift manual transmissions using factory mec
- Compatible with aftermarket large sump oil pans
- Bolt-in installation capability with new Hooker 2.5 and 3 exhaust systems for these applications, with available adapters (O2 bungs provided on adapter tubes)
Application1967 Chevy Camaro
1967 Pontiac Firebird
1968 Chevy Camaro
1968 Chevy Chevy II
1968 Pontiac Firebird
1969 Chevy Camaro
1969 Chevy Nova
1969 Pontiac Firebird
1970 Chevy Nova
1971 Chevy Nova
1971 Pontiac Ventura
1972 Chevy Nova
1972 Pontiac Ventura
NotesRequires the use of 90 degree spark plug boots. The paint applied to these headers is a temporary coating only and is designed to burn off during use. High temperature paint or other high temperature coatings are recommended.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Hooker 2106-1HKR Long Tube Stepped Headers, 10 Inch Length
Hooker 2475-1HKR Mid Length Headers, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2106-3HKR Long Tube Stepped Headers, 10 Inch Length
Hooker 70201506-3HKR BlackHeart LS Swap Mid Header, 1-7/8 x 3 In
Hooker 2104-1HKR Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2105-1HKR Long Tube Headers, 10 Inch Length, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2475-7HKR Mid Length Headers, Stainless Steel
Dynatech® 750-91010 BBC 572 Tall Deck Drag Racing Headers
Doug's Headers D308 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 1964-89 GM, CC
Doug's Headers D313 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-74 Camaro, CC
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.