Hooker 2472HKR Competition Mid-Length Header, Painted
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
1975-81 GM LS 2nd Gen (Camaro/Firebird) Mid Length Engine Swap Headers for hot LS1/LS6/LS2 (cam,heads,nitrous),stock 6.2L(L92)Vortec truck, stock LS3 or all supercharged LS/Vortec engine swaps requiring maximum ground clearance. Not legal for use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
- Premium fitment with optimized ground clearance
- Laser cut 3/8 flanges with flat-finished TIG welded port sealing
- 1-7/8 primaries/3" collectors
- Designed and intended for installation only with Hooker LS swap engine mounting brackets and transmission crossmembers for this application. Will not install with any other brand of mounts
- Compatible with QuickTime bellhousings (hydraulic clutch only, stock A/C evaporator case on firewall, straight boot spark plug wires and Holley LS swap oil pan and accessory drive brackets
- Connects directly to Hooker 3 2nd-gen F-body exhaust system through the use of an available mid-pipe kit
- Compatible with stock or half-height subframe/body mounts
- Automatic and manual transmission compatible
- Will not install with factory column shift linkage. Lokar or similar aftermarket shift cable or linkage required for column shift applications.
- Constructed of lightweight 18-gauge tubing
Application1970 Chevy Camaro
1970 Pontiac Firebird
1971 Chevy Camaro
1971 Pontiac Firebird
1972 Chevy Camaro
1972 Pontiac Firebird
1973 Chevy Camaro
1973 Pontiac Firebird
1974 Chevy Camaro
1974 Pontiac Firebird
1975 Chevy Camaro
1975 Pontiac Firebird
1976 Chevy Camaro
1976 Pontiac Firebird
1977 Chevy Camaro
1977 Pontiac Firebird
1978 Chevy Camaro
1978 Pontiac Firebird
1979 Chevy Camaro
1979 Pontiac Firebird
1980 Chevy Camaro
1980 Pontiac Firebird
1981 Chevy Camaro
1981 Pontiac Firebird
More Like This
Hooker 2481HKR LS-Swap Mid-Length Header, Painted
Hooker 2472-3HKR Competition Mid-Length Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2481-3HKR LS-Swap Mid-Length Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5101HKR Super Competition Full Length Header, Painted
Hooker 5903HKR Competition Full Length Header, Painted
Hooker 2294HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2826HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2849HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 8101HKR Super Competition Headers, 89-98 Nissan LS Engine Swap
Hooker 1203HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.