Hooker 2471-7HKR Competition Mid-Length Header, Stainless Steel
350 Chevy Small Block V8, Mid-Length Header Tube Type, Natural, 1-3/4" Primary Tube Diameter
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
1970-81 GM LS 2nd Gen (Camaro/Firebird) Mid Length Engine Swap Headers for Stock LS1/LS6/LS2 or 5.3L-6.0L Vortec truck engine swaps requiring maximum ground clearance. Not legal for use on pollution controlled motor vehicles
- Premium fitment with optimized ground clearance
- Laser cut 3/8 flanges with flat-finished TIG welded port sealing
- 1-3/4 primaries with 2-1/2" collectors
- Designed and intended for installation only with Hooker LS swap engine mounting brackets and transmission crossmembers for this application. Will not install with any other brand of mounts
- Compatible with QuickTime bellhousings (hydraulic clutch only, stock A/C evaporator case on firewall, straight boot spark plug wires and Holley LS swap oil pan and accessory drive brackets
- Connects directly to Hooker 2.5 2nd-gen F-body exhaust system through the use of an available mid-pipe kit
- Compatible with stock or half-height subframe/body mounts
- Automatic and manual transmission compatible
- Will not install with factory column shift linkage. Lokar or similar aftermarket shift cable or linkage required for column shift applications
Application1970 Chevy Camaro
1970 Pontiac Firebird
1971 Chevy Camaro
1971 Pontiac Firebird
1972 Chevy Camaro
1972 Pontiac Firebird
1973 Chevy Camaro
1973 Pontiac Firebird
1974 Chevy Camaro
1974 Pontiac Firebird
1975 Chevy Camaro
1975 Pontiac Firebird
1976 Chevy Camaro
1976 Pontiac Firebird
1977 Chevy Camaro
1977 Pontiac Firebird
1978 Chevy Camaro
1978 Pontiac Firebird
1979 Chevy Camaro
1979 Pontiac Firebird
1980 Chevy Camaro
1980 Pontiac Firebird
1981 Chevy Camaro
1981 Pontiac Firebird
NotesDesigned for installation only with Hooker LS swap engine mounting brackets and transmission crossmembers for this application.
More Like This
Hooker 2471-1HKR Competition Mid-Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2471-3HKR Competition Mid-Length Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 70101309-RHKR BlackHeart Super Competition Long Tube Header
Hooker 70201307-RHKR BlackHeart Competition Mid-Length Header, SS
Hooker 2295-7HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Hooker 2297-7HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Hooker 2451-2HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Hooker 2295-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2296-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2298-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Cermaic
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!