Hooker 2470-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
LS1 Chevy LS V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Silver ceramic coated, Steel, Silver
Hookers new Super Competition and Competition Headers for 98-2002 LS F-bodies have all the A.I.R. and EGR fittings deleted and are for high output, supercharged or big inch versions of the Gen III (LS-6/LS-7) engine. The Competition versions feature 1-3/4" tuned length 16 gauge primary tubes and a 3" slip fit long transition 9" conventional collector for efficient scavenging and reduced backpressure. The Super Competition and Competition versions both feature thick 3/8" flanges that will seal perfectly and indefinitely and are available in black paint or Hookers ceramic thermal barrier coating. These high performance Headers are intended for off-road race use only. These Headers maintain the high value standards Hooker Headers are known for. These Headers are easy to install, offer good ground clearance and come complete with gaskets and hardware kit. Y-pipes are also available to fit these headers.
- Big 1 3/4 (Super Competition) tuned length primary tubes
- Easy to install and comes complete with hardware and instructions
- Industry™s best welds for appearance and long life Offered in high temp black & metallic ceramic coated
- Tight tuck collector designs make it easier to lower vehicle 1 -3
- Precision machined 3/8 head flange for perfect sealing
- Made of sturdy 18 (Super Competition) gauge tube
- Super Competition version features a 3 slip fit Power Spear collector for efficient high RPM scavenging and reduced back pressure
Application1998 Chevy Camaro
1998 Pontiac Firebird
1999 Chevy Camaro
1999 Pontiac Firebird
2000 Chevy Camaro
2000 Pontiac Firebird
2001 Chevy Camaro
2001 Pontiac Firebird
2002 Chevy Camaro
2002 Pontiac Firebird
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Hooker 2469-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker Headers 70301308-RHKR BlackHeart Shorty Headers
Hooker Headers 70301307-RHKR BlackHeart Shorty Headers
Flowtech 11133FLT Long Tube Header, 3 Inch Collector Size
BBK 4003 Ls1 Shorty Headers, Chrome, 2001-02 Camaro/Firebird LS1
BBK 16940 LS-1 F-Body Long Tube Headers (Ceramic)
BBK 1694 LS-1 F-Body Long Tube Headers (Chrome)
BBK 40030 Ls1 Shorty Headers (Ceramic)
Hooker Headers 70301309-RHKR BlackHeart Shorty Headers
Hooker Headers 70101353-RHKR BlackHeart Long Tube Headers
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.