Hooker 2469-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
LS1 Chevy LS V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Silver ceramic coated, Steel, Silver
Hooker Super Competition Headers - Big Tubes and Power Spear Collector. These headers are for high output, supercharged or big inch versions of the Gen III (LS-6/LS-7) engine. The big 1-3/4" tubes combined with Hooker's unique Power Spear® create the ideal header for competition use. Hooker's Power Spear allows exhaust gases to maintain high velocity as they enter the collector. They also divert along a straighter path in the collector, directing them to merge without excessive back pressure-causing turbulence. These features help extend and broaden the engines torque curve. The thick 3/8" flanges will seal perfectly and indefinitely. They are designed for a precise, noninterfering fit and good ground clearance. Gaskets and hardware kit are included. These high performance headers are intended for the street enthusiast who wants the best performing header out there. These headers maintain the high value standards Competition headers are known for with sturdy 16 gauge construction and our new 3/8" head flange for superior sealing. These headers are easy to install, offer good ground clearance and come complete with gaskets and hardware kit.
- Big 1 3/4 (Super Competition) tuned length primary tubes
- Super Competition version features a 3 slip fit Power Spear collector for efficient high RPM scavenging and reduced back pressure
- Competition version features a 3 slip fit long transition 9 conventional collector for efficient scavenging and reduced back pressure
- Made of sturdy 18 (Super Competition) gauge tube
- Precision machined 3/8 head flange for perfect sealing
- Tight tuck collector designs make it easier to lower vehicle 1 -3
- Industry™s best welds for appearance and long life Offered in high temp black, metallic ceramic coated or 304 stainless steel
- Easy to install and comes complete with hardware and instructions
- Works with power steering, power brakes and air conditioning
Application2000 Chevy Camaro
2000 Pontiac Firebird
2001 Chevy Camaro
2001 Pontiac Firebird
2002 Chevy Camaro
2002 Pontiac Firebird
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Hooker 2470-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker Headers 70301308-RHKR BlackHeart Shorty Headers
BBK 4003 Ls1 Shorty Headers, Chrome, 2001-02 Camaro/Firebird LS1
BBK 16940 LS-1 F-Body Long Tube Headers (Ceramic)
BBK 1694 LS-1 F-Body Long Tube Headers (Chrome)
BBK 40030 Ls1 Shorty Headers (Ceramic)
Hooker Headers 70301309-RHKR BlackHeart Shorty Headers
Hooker Headers 70101353-RHKR BlackHeart Long Tube Headers
Hooker Headers 70101355-RHKR BlackHeart Tri-Y Long Tube Headers
Hooker Headers 70101357-RHKR BlackHeart Tri-Y Long Tube Headers
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!