Hooker 2466-3HKR Competition Shortie Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Chevy Small Block V8, Shorty Header Tube Type, Black ceramic coated, Oval Port Flange Style
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
This exclusive proprietary black ceramic coating offers the nostalgic look of the past as well as the aggressive look of a modern high-tech build. It also offers a more refined texture and appearance than is possible from painted finishes. With a satin sheen it has a unique look of its own and in addition to providing a more menacing look it also provides all the corrosion resistance of traditional silver ceramic. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 283-400 SB Chevy 1971-94 full-size passenger car, 1964-87 Chevelle/El Camino, 1970-87 Monte Carlo, 1968-79 Chevy II/Nova, 1967-81 Camaro. 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without disc
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Works with factory power steering, power brakes and air conditioning
70-87 Monte Carlo
64-87 Chevelle/El Camino/Sprint/Cabellero
71-94 Full Size
78-87 Olds Cutlass/Buick Regal
Tube Size 1.625" O.D.
Collector Size 3" O.D.
Port Shape-Same As Port
More Like This
Hooker 2451-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2466-4HKR Competition Shortie Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451-2HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Hooker 2451-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2466HKR Competition Shortie Header, Painted
Flowtech 10010FLT Universal Block Hugger Tubes
Flowtech 11108FLT Mid Length Header
Flowtech 31108FLT Mid-Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Doug's Headers D304 4-Tube Shorty Header, 1-5/8 Inch, 1964-94 GM
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!