Hooker 2460-3HKR Competition Shortie Header, Black Ceramic Coated
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
This exclusive proprietary black ceramic coating offers the nostalgic look of the past as well as the aggressive look of a modern high-tech build. It also offers a more refined texture and appearance than is possible from painted finishes. With a satin sheen it has a unique look of its own and in addition to providing a more menacing look it also provides all the corrosion resistance of traditional silver ceramic. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Works with factory power steering, power brakes and powerr steering
Application1982 Chevy Camaro
1982 Pontiac Firebird
1983 Chevy Camaro
1983 Pontiac Firebird
1984 Chevy Camaro
1984 Pontiac Firebird
1985 Chevy Camaro
1985 Pontiac Firebird
1986 Chevy Camaro
1986 Pontiac Firebird
1987 Chevy Camaro
1987 Pontiac Firebird
1988 Chevy Camaro
1988 Pontiac Firebird
1989 Chevy Camaro
1989 Pontiac Firebird
1990 Chevy Camaro
1990 Pontiac Firebird
1991 Chevy Camaro
1991 Pontiac Firebird
1992 Chevy Camaro
1992 Pontiac Firebird
More Like This
Hooker 2460-4HKR Competition Shortie Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2460-1HKR Competition Shortie Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2130-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2451-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 4901-3HKR Competition Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 4902-3HKR Competition Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5901-3HKR Competition Full Length Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2150-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2454-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2458-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.