Hooker 2457-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Chevy Big Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Black ceramic coated, Round Port Flange Style
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
This exclusive proprietary black ceramic coating offers the nostalgic look of the past as well as the aggressive look of a modern high-tech build. It also offers a more refined texture and appearance than is possible from painted finishes. With a satin sheen it has a unique look of its own and in addition to providing a more menacing look it also provides all the corrosion resistance of traditional silver ceramic. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Works with factory power steering, power brakes and air conditioning
Application1965 Chevy Bel Air
1965 Chevy Biscayne
1965 Chevy Impala
1966 Chevy Bel Air
1966 Chevy Biscayne
1966 Chevy Caprice
1966 Chevy Impala
1967 Chevy Bel Air
1967 Chevy Biscayne
1967 Chevy Camaro
1967 Chevy Caprice
1967 Chevy Impala
1968 Chevy Bel Air
1968 Chevy Biscayne
1968 Chevy Camaro
1968 Chevy Caprice
1968 Chevy Chevy II
1968 Chevy Impala
1969 Chevy Bel Air
1969 Chevy Biscayne
1969 Chevy Camaro
1969 Chevy Caprice
1969 Chevy Impala
1969 Chevy Nova
1970 Chevy Bel Air
1970 Chevy Biscayne
1970 Chevy Caprice
1970 Chevy Impala
1970 Chevy Nova
1971 Chevy Nova
1972 Chevy Nova
1973 Chevy Nova
1974 Chevy Nova
More Like This
Hooker 2130-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2457-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2457-4HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2457HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2130-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2130HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2130-4HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Titanium Ceramic
Flowtech 11100FLT Long Tube Header, 3 Inch Collector Size
Flowtech 11132FLT Long Tube Header, 3.5 Inch Collector Size
Doug's Headers D303Y-SP Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 68-87 Chevy Truck, CC
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about using a set of Small Block Chevy Sprint Roadster headers for his trike, powered by a stock 305.
In this Tech Tip, one of our customers asks for a suggestion on exhaust headers for his 1933 pickup.