Hooker 2455-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
396 Chevy Big Block V8, 402 Chevy Big Block V8, 427 Chevy Big Block V8, 454 Chevy Big Block V8
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
HolleyDAYS are here again! SAVE up to 20% on this part and hundreds of other Holley brands during the 2018 HolleyDAYS sale 11/15/18-12/31/18.
This exclusive proprietary black ceramic coating offers the nostalgic look of the past as well as the aggressive look of a modern high-tech build. It also offers a more refined texture and appearance than is possible from painted finishes. With a satin sheen it has a unique look of its own and in addition to providing a more menacing look it also provides all the corrosion resistance of traditional silver ceramic. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Works with factory power steering, power brakes and air conditioning
70-74 Monte Carlo
64-74 Chevelle/El Camino/Sprint/Caballero
71-74 Full Size
Tube Size 2" O.D. x 30"
Collector Size 3.5" O.D.
Collector Length 10"
Port Shape-Same As Port
More Like This
Hooker 2455-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2455-4HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2455HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Big Block Chevy Weld Up Header Kit, 2 In Primary, 3.5 In Collector
Hooker 2455-2HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Doug's Headers D303Y-SP Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 68-87 Chevy Truck, CC
Hooker 2118HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Hooker 2451-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2124HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!