Hooker 2455-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
396 Chevy Big Block V8, 402 Chevy Big Block V8, 427 Chevy Big Block V8, 454 Chevy Big Block V8
This exclusive proprietary black ceramic coating offers the nostalgic look of the past as well as the aggressive look of a modern high-tech build. It also offers a more refined texture and appearance than is possible from painted finishes. With a satin sheen it has a unique look of its own and in addition to providing a more menacing look it also provides all the corrosion resistance of traditional silver ceramic. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Works with factory power steering, power brakes and air conditioning
70-74 Monte Carlo
64-74 Chevelle/El Camino/Sprint/Caballero
71-74 Full Size
Tube Size 2" O.D. x 30"
Collector Size 3.5" O.D.
Collector Length 10"
Port Shape-Same As Port
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Hooker 2457-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2455-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2455-4HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2285-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2457-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2250-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2287-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2455HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2455-2HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Hooker 2457HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.