Hooker 2296HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
L92 Chevy LS V8, LS1 Chevy LS V8, LS2 Chevy LS V8, LS3 Chevy LS V8, LS6 Chevy LS V8, Steel
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
1975-81 GM LS 2nd Gen (Camaro/Firebird) Full Length Engine Swap Headers for hot LS1/LS6/LS2 (cam,heads,nitrous),stock 6.2L(L92)Vortec truck, stock LS3 or all supercharged LS/Vortec engine swaps. Not legal for use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
- Laser cut 3/8 flanges with flat-finished TIG welded port sealing
- Premium fitment with optimized ground clearance. The only 1975-81™ specific header design in the marketplace
- 1-7/8 primaries/3" collectors
- Designed and intended for installation only with Hooker LS swap engine mounting brackets and transmission crossmembers for this application. Will not install with any other brand of mounts
- Will not install with factory column shift linkage, Lokar or similar aftermarket shift cable or linkage required for column shift applications
- Automatic and manual transmission compatible
- Compatible only with stock height subframe/body mounts. Installation with half-height mounts will require modification to vehicle floor panels
- Connects directly to Hooker 3 2nd-gen F-body exhaust system.Connection to 2-1/2 Hooker 2nd-gen F-body exhaust system requires the use of an available mid-pipe kit
- Compatible with QuickTime bellhousings, mechanical clutch linkage (requires custom Z-bar/pivot ball assembly), stock A/C evaporator case on firewall, straight boot spark plug wires and Holley LS swap oil pan and accessory drive brackets
Application1975 Chevy Camaro
1975 Pontiac Firebird
1976 Chevy Camaro
1976 Pontiac Firebird
1977 Chevy Camaro
1977 Pontiac Firebird
1978 Chevy Camaro
1978 Pontiac Firebird
1979 Chevy Camaro
1979 Pontiac Firebird
1980 Chevy Camaro
1980 Pontiac Firebird
1981 Chevy Camaro
1981 Pontiac Firebird
NotesDesigned for installation only with Hooker LS swap engine mounting brackets and transmission crossmembers for this application. The paint applied to these headers is a temporary coating only and is designed to burn off during use. High temperature paint or other high temperature coatings are recommended.
More Like This
Hooker 2239HKR 70-81 Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2451HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2287HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2295-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2296-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2117-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Hooker 2117HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Hooker 2295HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2287-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2295-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.