Hooker 2292-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Chevy LS V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Black ceramic coated, 1-3/4" Primary Tube Diameter
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
These swap headers allow enthusiasts to drop an LS (all exc. LS7) engine into the ever popular 1955-1957 Chevy. These new headers were designed to fit with a stock gear box or Saginaw 605 gear box. They are a true 1-3/4" long tube design to sufficiently maximize the torque and horsepower of the free breathing LS engines. They are available in high temp black paint, silver ceramic or Hooker's brand new "Darkside" black ceramic.
- True long-tube design to maximize performance potential of engine
- Thick plate steel flanges provide leak-proof seal at cylinder heads
- Designed to fit with all stock or Saginaw 605 steering set-ups
- Designed to be compatible with other popular aftermarket components for this application
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
Application1955 Chevy Bel Air
1956 Chevy Bel Air
1957 Chevy Bel Air
More Like This
Hooker 2102-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Hooker 2227-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2102-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Hooker 2293-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2458-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2292-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2293-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Hooker 2102-4HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Hooker 2112-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, SBC, 10 Inch
Hooker 2112HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about using a set of Small Block Chevy Sprint Roadster headers for his trike, powered by a stock 305.
In this Tech Tip, one of our customers asks for a suggestion on exhaust headers for his 1933 pickup.