Hays 96-212 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 1996-2004 Mustang
4.6 Ford Modular V8, 10 Spline Count, 1.063" Shaft Diameter, 10" Diameter, Hardware Included
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hays to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
HolleyDAYS are here again! SAVE up to 20% on this part and hundreds of other Holley brands during the 2018 HolleyDAYS sale 11/15/18-12/31/18.Tame your beast! Hays is proud to release their Dragon Claw 1150 Lever Assisted Clutch Kits. These Dual Disc clutch kits are undoubtedly a game changer for the performance clutch market. Dragon Claw Clutch Kits are intended for “Street Driven Race Cars”. They can withstand the torque of forced induction engines (rated up to 1150 lb.-ft. at the crank) and survive extreme racing use without requiring additional pedal effort from the user.
How does this design allow customers to have the best of both worlds? Dragon Claw Clutch Kits use a diaphragm plus patented lever assist combination. The diaphragm keeps the pedal effort near stock for street use. The levers swing out by centrifugal force as engine RPM increases and apply direct pressure above the pressure plate. This results in a clamping force that holds under conditions where many of the competitor’s “high end” clutches fail.
1996-2001 4.6 GT, 03-04 4.6 Mach 1, 01 4.6 Bullitt, 2 Disc, 10", 1-1/16"-10 Spline
- Kits come complete with Flywheel, Alignment Tool and Hardware ensuring properly matched components and ease of installation
- Light weight construction – Cover is forged from 7075 T6 aircraft grade aluminum; Flywheel is forgedfrom 6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum; Complete 2 disc assembly weighs as little as 35 lbs
- Patented lever assist technology allows clutch to have increased torque holding capacity while maintaining a near stock pedal feel – Proven to hold for turbo and supercharged vehicles with up to 1150 lb.-ft. torque
- Proprietary ceramic friction material is both streetable and aggressive when necessary
- Sprung hub disc centers allow for smooth engagement, less gear lash, and longer transmission life
- No break in period – Install the clutch and drive it!
- 100% American made
- 3 disc versions rated up to 1500 lb.-ft. torque coming soon
More Like This
Hays 96-213 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 2003-2004 Mustang
Hays 96-200 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 1999-2004 Mustang 4.6 Cobra
Hays 96-211 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 2005-10 Mustang
Hays 96-204 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 2007-09 Mustang 5.4 Shelby GT 500
Hays 96-205 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 2007-10 Mustang 5.4 Cobra
Hays 96-206 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 2010-12 Mustang 5.4 Shelby GT 500
Hays 96-208 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 2007-09 5.4 Shelby GT 500
64-79 Ford Street Series Clutch Kit, 10.4 Inch w/ 1-1/16 In-10 Spline
Ram Clutches 98502 Powergrip Series Clutch - Ford
Ram Clutches 88502HDX HDX Series Clutch Set - Ford
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Follow Tim as he swaps tail housings and covers on a T-5 transmission