Hays 96-104 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 1997-Up GM LS
Chevy LS V8, 10 Spline Count, 1.125" Shaft Diameter, 10" Diameter, Ceramic Friction Material
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hays to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
HolleyDAYS are here again! SAVE up to 20% on this part and hundreds of other Holley brands during the 2018 HolleyDAYS sale 11/15/18-12/31/18.Tame your beast! Hays is proud to release their Dragon Claw 1150 Lever Assisted Clutch Kits. These Dual Disc clutch kits are undoubtedly a game changer for the performance clutch market. Dragon Claw Clutch Kits are intended for “Street Driven Race Cars”. They can withstand the torque of forced induction engines (rated up to 1150 lb.-ft. at the crank) and survive extreme racing use without requiring additional pedal effort from the user.
How does this design allow customers to have the best of both worlds? Dragon Claw Clutch Kits use a diaphragm plus patented lever assist combination. The diaphragm keeps the pedal effort near stock for street use. The levers swing out by centrifugal force as engine RPM increases and apply direct pressure above the pressure plate. This results in a clamping force that holds under conditions where many of the competitor’s “high end” clutches fail.
1997-UP GM LS Series/OE/Crate, 2 Disc, 10", 1-1/8"- 10 Spline
- Kits come complete with Flywheel, Alignment Tool and Hardware ensuring properly matched components and ease of installation
- Light weight construction – Cover is forged from 7075 T6 aircraft grade aluminum; Flywheel is forgedfrom 6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum; Complete 2 disc assembly weighs as little as 35 lbs
- Patented lever assist technology allows clutch to have increased torque holding capacity while maintaining a near stock pedal feel – Proven to hold for turbo and supercharged vehicles with up to 1150 lb.-ft. torque
- Proprietary ceramic friction material is both streetable and aggressive when necessary
- Sprung hub disc centers allow for smooth engagement, less gear lash, and longer transmission life
- No break in period – Install the clutch and drive it!
- 100% American made
- 3 disc versions rated up to 1500 lb.-ft. torque coming soon
More Like This
Ram Clutches 88931HDX HDX Series Clutch Set, LS1/LS2/LS3/LS6
Ram Clutches 98931 Powergrip Series Clutch, LS1/LS2/LS3/LS6
Ram 88761HDX GM Performance Clutch Set, 10-1/2 x 1-1/8 Inch-26
Ram 88764HDX GM Performance Clutch Set, 11 x 1-1/8 Inch-26
Hays 96-100 Dragon Claw Clutch Kit, 1-1/8 Inch - 10 Spline, SBC/BBC
Hays 90-103 Clutch Kit, Super Truck, GM, 12 Inch Diameter
Hays 85-100 Clutch Kit, 10.5 Inch Diameter, Chevy/Pontiac/Buick
Hays 85-101 Street Clutch Kit, Borg and Beck, 10.5 Inch, GM
Hays 85-103 Clutch Kit, Street/Strip, GM, 10.5 Inch Diameter
Hays 85-110 Clutch Kit, 11 Inch Diameter, Chevy/Pontiac/Buick
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Follow Tim as he swaps tail housings and covers on a T-5 transmission