HANS DK 13235-31 Hans Device Pro SAH 20 -Med Post Anchor Slide Tether
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Featuring light weight and a low collar, the HANS Pro Ultra provides the same protection as the HANS Professional used worldwide by drivers in major racing series since 2001. Made from carbon fiber, the new HANS Pro Ultra carries a feather graphic on the new style collar signifying its low weight.
- Hand made with high modulus carbon fiber
- Hollow core reduces weight, weighs about 1 pound
- Provides the same protection as the HANS Professional
- Allows easier entry and exit from cockpit
- Higher epaulets for improved function with safety harness
- SFI 38.1 and FIA approved
- SAH version does not include helmet anchor backing nuts or wrench
- Post anchors
- Sliding tether
- 20 degree layback
Hans Device Sizing Chart (Link)
ApplicationTorque Specifications for HANS Device Fasteners
Detailed torque specification for HANS Device anchors and tether carriers
(A) Helmet Anchor Torque Specifications
Torque specs for the indexing post screw are:
30 Inch Pounds (in-lbs) OR
3.4 Newton Meters (N-m) which is similar to:
Finger tight plus one quarter turn additional.
(B) Tether Clamp Torque Specifications
FIXED TETHER CARRIERS
Torque specs for the screws holding the metal fixed tether clamps are:
20 Inch Pounds (in-lbs) OR
2.25 Newton Meters (N-m)which is similar to:
SLIDING TETHERS CARRIERS
Torque specs for the screws holding the orange sliding tether carriers are:
8.0 Inch Pounds (in-lbs) OR
0.9 Newton Meters (Nm) which is similar to:
The new HANS Pro Ultra allows better access and egress for drivers due to the lower collar. A different contour to the legs provides an improved fit across the chest and shoulders. The newest HANS also has high epaulets for an improved fit with safety harnesses.
The HANS Pro Ultra has been approved for competition by the SFI’s specification 38.1 for Head and Neck Restraints and by the FIA, the international sanctioning body.
To select the HANS device for you, you will need to know a couple of things:
1) What degree of angle is your seat?
- The most common are: 0-10 degree (upright & many sprint cars), 20 degree (most common, modifieds, stock cars, sprints), 30 degree (200lbs or more)
2) What does your neck measure?
- The most common are: Medium (13.5"-17"), Large (16"-20")
More Like This
HANS DK 13235-41 Hans Device Pro SAH 20 Med Quick Click Slide Tether
HANS DK 13235-42 Hans Device Pro SA 20 Med Quick Click-Sliding Tether
HANS DK11131-421 Hans Device Pro w/ Quick Click Anchors, 10 Deg-Medium
HANS DK11233-411 Hans Device Sport II-20 -Med-QC-SAH-Sliding Tether
Simpson Racing Hybrid Sport Head and Neck Restraint, Sliding Tether
HANS DK11233-321 Hans Device Sport II-20 -Medium-PA-SA-Sliding Tether
HANS DK11241-321 Pro Series Device, Post Anchors, 20 Degree Large
HANS DK11341-321 Pro Series Device, Post Anchors, 30 Degree Large
HANS DK 11243-411 Hans Device Sport II-20 -Large-QC-SAH-Sliding Tether
HANS DK11241-421 Hans Device Pro w/ Quick Click Anchors, 20 Deg, Large
Q & A
Videos & Articles
Racing technology is more advanced than ever before. The cars, safety equipment, and testing are superior, so why are drivers and co-drivers injured every week? Simpson's ongoing effort to make racers safer includes this brief and informative article.
EMi Employee Frank and Speedway Motors employee Jeremy demonstrate how to properly measure for a race suit.