Global West Suspension ASR-6 1968-73 Mustang Adjustable Strut Rods
68-73 Ford Mustang
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Stock '68-'73 Mustang strut rods used a flimsy rubber bushing to control fore & aft movement of the wheel during suspension travel. This design was prone to deflection during hard acceleration and braking. A more positive approach to the problem would be to install an adjustable strut rod kit with a spherical rod end in place of the rubber bushing. Global Wests strut rods are designed as a bolt on application. No welding or frame modifications are required. When using a strut rod design of this nature, the deflection is totally eliminated. The suspension no longer deflects fore and aft. The vehicle now sees a lower a-arm rather than a two component system (strut rod & lower arm).
- Bolt on application, no frame modifications
- Allows you to dial-in your front suspension
- Adjusting sleeve uses standard open-end wrench, no special tools required
- Rods are powercoated black
- Hardware included
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Front Axle Assembly.