Garage Sale - MAHLE Small Block Chevy 383 Inverted Dome Powerpak Pistons, 5.7 Inch Rods
Forged Aluminum Piston Material, Dish Piston Style, 5.700" Connecting Rod Length, 3.75" Stroke
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Mahle PowerPak pistons are a race proven lightweight forged design that are complete with rings, wrist pins and locks. They are also completely phosphate coated plus feature an anti-friction Grafal skirt coating. PowerPak pistons are made from 4032 aluminum alloy to allow for tighter cylinder to wall clearances, and improved temperature stability.
1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3.0mm file fit performance ring set is included. For 383 c.i. S/B Chevy (4.000" bore x 3.75" stroke). Choose oversize diameter needed.
- Mahle's phosphate coating provides the grey appearance to the piston. This dry lubricant coating (not to be confused with a thermal film coating) provides a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves until the oiling system of the engine reaches operating pressure; particularly useful during the initial start-up or break-in of engines to protect against galling and microwelding. The piston crown is still machineable.
- Mahle’s GRAFAL skirt coating reduces drag, scuffing, friction and cylinder bore wear; reduces piston noise.
PowerPak Piston Chart (GIF)
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
NotesPower Pak features include:
- Forged piston for performance applications
- Fully-machined crown
- Grafal anti-Friction coating on skirts
- Phosphate-coated to reduce micro-welding and pin galling
- Pin bores finished on CNC boring equipment
- High strength, light weight steel pins
- Race proven round wire locks
- Low drag ring pak
- Light weight slipper kirt forgings
- Comp Height 5.7" Rod: 1.425
- Comp Height 6.0" Rod: 1.125
- Pin Diameter: 0.927
- Clearance Guide
- *Meas. = 0.500
- Min = 0.0025
- Max = 0.0033
*The location to measure piston-to-wall clearance for each application. This point is calculated from the bottom of the piston skirt and indicates the widest part of the piston and thus where to measure.
More Like This
Mahle Chevy 305 Powerpak Pistons, .060
MAHLE Small Block Chevy 400 Flat Top Powerpak Pistons, 5.7 Inch Rods
MAHLE PowerPak Piston, Small Block Chevy
Mahle Ford 347 Flat Top PowerPak Pistons, .030
Mahle 5.7 Chevy 350 Powerpack Flat Top Pistons .030
Mahle 5.7 Chevy 400 Powerpack Dome Pistons .030
MAHLE 305 Gas Ported Flat Top Piston, 3.766 Bore
MAHLE Dome Pistons, 6 Inch
MAHLE Forged Flat Top Pistons, SBC
MAHLE Flat Top Piston
Q & A
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Piston Ring Style Chart
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.