Garage Sale - MAHLE Small Block Chevy 383 Flattop Powerpak Pistons, 6 Inch Rods
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for Mahle Pistons to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item UP28890 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
The Mahle PowerPak pistons are a race proven lightweight forged design that are complete with rings, wrist pins and locks. They are also completely phosphate coated plus feature an anti-friction Grafal skirt coating. PowerPak pistons are made from 4032 aluminum alloy to allow for tighter cylinder to wall clearances, and improved temperature stability.
- Forged piston for performance applications
- Lightweight slipper kirt forgings
- Fully-machined crown
- Grafal anti-Friction coating on skirts
- Phosphate-coated to reduce micro-welding and pin galling
- Pin bores finished on CNC boring equipment
- High strength, light weight steel pins
- Race proven round wire locks
- Low drag ring pak
PowerPak Piston Chart (GIF)
These are garage sale priced because they are missing the piston rings.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
- Comp Height 5.7" Rod: 1.425
- Comp Height 6.0" Rod: 1.125
- Pin Diameter: 0.927
- Clearance Guide
- *Meas. = 0.500
- Min = 0.0025
- Max = 0.0033
*The location to measure piston-to-wall clearance for each application. This point is calculated from the bottom of the piston skirt and indicates the widest part of the piston and thus where to measure.
More Like This
MAHLE 305 Gas Ported Flat Top Piston, 3.766 Bore
Mahle Chevy 305 Powerpak Pistons, .060
MAHLE Small Block Chevy 400 Flat Top Powerpak Pistons, 5.7 Inch Rods
MAHLE Dome Pistons, 6 Inch
MAHLE Forged Flat Top Pistons, SBC
MAHLE Flat Top Piston
MAHLE PowerPak Piston, Small Block Chevy
Mahle 5.7 Chevy 350 Powerpack Flat Top Pistons .030
Mahle Ford 347 Flat Top PowerPak Pistons, .030
Mahle 5.7 Chevy 400 Powerpack Dome Pistons .030
Q & A
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Piston Ring Style Chart
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.