Garage Sale - Clevite P Series Big Block Chevy Main Bearing Sets
Chevy Big Block V8
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Not to be confused with standard "passenger" car bearings, Clevite's P-Series is their oldest line of premium high performance bearings.
- Use P-Series rod bearings where extremely high RPM’s cause severe rod bore close-in.
- Use P-Series main bearings where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns and to provide increased oiling to rod bearings.
- Typically the greatest level of eccentricity
- Rods and mains have high crush for maximum retention
- Most are fully grooved to maximize oil flow to rod bearings
- Reduced overlay thickness to prevent overlay fatigue
- Use where extremely high RPMs cause severe rod bore close-in
- Use where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns
P-Series Features (Link)
These bearings are garage sale priced because they are new old stock.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
Q & A
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Piston Ring Style Chart
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.