Garage Sale - Clevite P Series Big Block Chevy Main Bearing Sets
Chevy Big Block V8
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Not to be confused with standard "passenger" car bearings, Clevite's P-Series is their oldest line of premium high performance bearings.
- Use P-Series rod bearings where extremely high RPM’s cause severe rod bore close-in.
- Use P-Series main bearings where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns and to provide increased oiling to rod bearings.
- Typically the greatest level of eccentricity
- Rods and mains have high crush for maximum retention
- Most are fully grooved to maximize oil flow to rod bearings
- Reduced overlay thickness to prevent overlay fatigue
- Use where extremely high RPMs cause severe rod bore close-in
- Use where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns
P-Series Features (Link)
These bearings are garage sale priced because they are new old stock.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Piston Ring Style Chart
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Heath P. tells his story on how the passion for 'hot rodding' was instilled in him by his grandfather. From driving tractors on their family farm to becoming a Ford family, you are in for a good read.