12x2" 37-48 BRAKES,FRONT
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for No Brand Assigned to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 91065420.GS1 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
This is garage sale price because it was used as a trade show display and is a single drum brake assembly only, with no drum. It is being sold as is pictured. Please see photos above.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
If you want the early look but are reluctant to use old non-energizing drum brakes, we have just what you need. Our 100% new self-energizing backing plate assemblies come complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware. Fits either the front or rear of 1937-48 Ford cars or 1937-47 Ford half-ton pickups with original style rear axle.
These brake assemblies can be used with Buick drums and 1948 Ford hubs, or we also offer new iron 12" x 2" brake drums (910-65400) with 5 on 5-1/2" bolt circle which are impossible to find elsewhere.
Wheel Cylinder Inlet: 7/16"-20 straight thread
NOT 7/16"-20 IFF
Inlet fitting will require a sealing washer or O-ring style fitting
Bolt Pattern: 3-3/8" center-to-center both horizontal and vertically
If using Model A or B spindles the holes will have to be elongated inward to fit the narrower bolt pattern
We recommend use of adapter rings 916-31928 to keep the spindle centered in the backing plate
Q & A
Tim talks about brake booster adjustment.
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Tim demonstrates the brake assembly with a Wide 5 drum brake and Speedway's new self-energizing backing plate.
Learn how to install an adjustable proportioning valve block.