Garage Sale - AFCO Low Friction 1973-95 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint
AFCO Low Friction Ball Joints are designed with 2 ft. lbs. of resistance, the force required to move the stud of the ball joint. Compare this with standard replacement joints, with as high as 50 ft. lbs. of resistance. A difference you can feel!
These are NOT a direct fit in the stock pickup A-frames. Used on IMCA cars to raise roll center (raised pivot point).
- These ball joint use a 1973-95 GM Truck taper, but they have a longer (taller) stud than the stock GM part. The taller stud changes the pivot point due to its length, which in turn raises the car's roll center. Very common ball joint on IMCA Modifieds.
- Lower ball joint fits most stut cars, 1971-1976 Impala and most wide-type dirt cars. Press-In.
- Fits most popular racing and passenger car spindles.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
It is critical to handling that suspension components be as free as possible to move. Low friction ball joints allow the suspension to give rather than allowing the tire to bounce over rough surfaces. Low tire pressures magnify the need to minimize friction in the suspension.
- Precision machined to tight tolerances, providing consistent resistance throughout the travel of the ball joint to deliver consistent performance
- Improves weight transfer
- Frees up suspension for more consistent, repeatable chassis tuning
- Removes suspension rigidity and allows shock and spring to have more precise wheel control
- Adjustments are controlled more effectively by the shock and spring instead of the tire which improves traction
- Provides more accurate set-ups during vehicle scaling
- Meets or exceeds standard ball joint strength
- Stock appearing
- Lower input steering efforts and faster steering wheel return
More Like This
AFCO 20032-1LF Low Friction 1973-95 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20031LF Low Friction 1963-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joints
AFCO 20032-1 Standard 1973-95 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint
Howe 22301 K6136 Alum. Upper Ball Joint, 73-95 GM Pickup/71-76 Impala
Speedway 1973-95 Truck K6136 Style Repl Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20032 K5208 Standard GM Upper Ball Joint
Speedway 1970-02 GM K5208 Style Upper Ball Joint
QA1 1210-104 K5208 Style Upper Ball Joint Kit w/ Extended Length Stud
AFCO 20032-2LF Low Friction Upper Ball Joint, Extended Length
Howe Racing 22302 GM K5208 Style Upper Ball Joint w/ Aluminum Cap
Q & A
How to remove shock rod end and install bump rubber/bump cup.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.