Garage Sale - AFCO 7241-1001 F88i RH Rear Aluminum Caliper-1.88 Bore/1.25 Inch Rotor
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This is garage sale priced because it is new, old stock. It is being sold as is pictured. Please see photos above for further details.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
Design, innovation, and strength are combined to give the F88i Caliper series unique performance advantages. Structural integrity is greatly increased due to an exclusive internal interlock system that requires less brake pedal effort, yet increases braking control with lap after lap consistency.
The result: more consistent pedal feel and stopping performance with less pad taper. These calipers are machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum and feature internally machined lightening pockets, which makes them one of the lightest calipers on the market.
The high performance caliper of choice for Rocket Chassis.
Replaces SL and XL type calipers. 3.50" mounting centers.
Racer Note: Racing brake calipers, if properly maintained, can generally be used for several racing seasons. Frequent replacement of the caliper pistons and seals will increase caliper life and performance.
- Exclusive interlocking design significantly reduces caliper flex and distortion. The extra rigidity provides for more consistent stopping performance and less brake pad taper.
- All F88i calipers are built with staggered piston diameters to eliminate excessive brake pad taper
- Stainless steel abutment plates reflect heat and protect the caliper from pad gouging
- Stainless steel heat shields reflect heat from the caliper helping to reduce fluid temperatures
- Ultra-high temperature resistant square cut seals resist damage caused from heat and wear
- Billet machined 6061-T6 aluminum construction provides maximum strength
- Internally machined lightening pockets for maximum weight reduction without sacrificing rigidity. The F88i caliper is one of the lightest billet calipers on the market.
- Stainless steel pistons help to reduce fluid temperatures and piston wear
- Heat resistant and reflective finish help reduce caliper temperature
Caliper Piston Tech Note (Link)
Description: RT Side Rear Mount
Bore Diameter: 1.88/1.62
Disc Width: 1.25
More Like This
Speedway 1969-77 GM Midsize Caliper
1962-1974 Mopar Brake Calipers
Speedway 2-3/4 Inch Big Bore 1978-88 GM Metric Brake Caliper
Ford Mustang II-Pinto Caliper
1978-Up GM Metric Brake Calipers, IMCA Approved
1971-1976 Impala Calipers
1978-88 Replacement GM Midsize Metric Calipers
Wilwood 120-2498 Dynalite Floater Caliper, 1.75 Piston/.25 Disc
Wilwood 120-5289 D52 Single Piston Floater Caliper, GM III, 2.75/1.25
Howe Racing Enterprises 3370 Lightweight 1969-1977 GM Steel Caliper
Q & A
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
If you're changing your brake pads before you hit your first race, it's important to burnish or bed-in your new pads. Check out our quick tech-tip on bedding brakes and how to minimize pad wear and get the best performance out of your brakes.
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!