Garage Sale - 9 Super 7 Secondary 3-Bolt 2 Barrel Carburetor, Chrome Finish
This carb is garage sale priced because it has some pits and blemishes in the chrome finish.
No Warranty, No Returns On Garage Sale Items
Speedway Motors now offers a reproduction version of one of the most popular carburetors ever used, the original Stromberg 97! Original equipment on '30s and '40s cars and trucks, the Stromberg 97 has long been favored by flathead hot rodders and racers who realized the performance qualities of this timeless fuel supplier.
For years customers have been either putting up with poor idling multiple carburetor set-ups or spending hundreds of dollars converting the secondary carburetors so they did not have to idle circuits. Now Speedway Motors is offering our popular 9 Super 7® two barrel "secondary" carburetor with all that work already done. No more wasted money!
Speedway Motors has incorporated all of the improvements shown above while maintaining the carburetor's original look. Features such as the accelerator pump, main jets and cosmetics have all been faithfully retained. Additionally, each carburetor is individually flow tested and inspected for leaks. Perfection is the result!
Aesthetically, the 9Super7 Carb is nearly identical to the stock unit, minus the large 97 logo that appeared on the side and the patent numbers found on the float bowl area. Upgraded internal parts include; the float, needle, and seat. Jetting and power valve settings remain as they were for the original 97 carbs as well as the cfm and vacuum specs.
The other similarity that the 9 Super 7 shares with the original 97 is the setup and tuning necessary to yield a well-running machine. While perhaps not as simple as bolting on a single four-barrel, the 9 Super 7 makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All that's required is an intake, a linkage system, a Uni-Syn syncing tool, and a little patience. Be sure to include the Primary Primary 9 Super 7 when installing multi-carb setups. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7 in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Features original Stromberg 0.97" venturi diameter
- Modern Nitrophyl float and Neoprene gaskets
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Grose-style jet valve won't corrode in modern fuel, something the original needle and seat units can't do
- Comes with a No. 65 power valve and 0.045" main jets, identical to the stock 97
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage Special base plate with no idle circuits or choke linkage
- Special butterflies and shafts installed
- Works best with progressive linkage
- Idle only off the center or main carburetor
- No more plug foul
Note: Not recommended for use with Ethanol fuels.
NotesSee what other industry experts are saying about the 9 Super 7 here
More Like This
Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Plain Finish
Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Chrome Finish
Pair of Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carbs, Chrome Finish
Set of 3 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors, Chrome Finish
Set of 6 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors, Chrome Finish
Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Chrome Finish
Set of 3 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors, Plain Finish
Pair of Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carbs, Plain Finish
Set of 6 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors, Plain Finish
Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Plain Finish
Q & A
Tim talks about Edmunds air cleaners and the history of Edmunds.
Tim talks about his favorite intake manifold, the Might Edelbrock X1.
Tim talks about the vintage carburetor options we have available.
Tim talks about the Offenhauser 4 x 2 Pacesetter intake.