Garage Sale - 1937-48 Ford Steering Arms, 1-3/4 Inch Drop
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for Speedway to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 7022760 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
These are the steering arms you need to replace your damaged stock arms, or for street rod use where the drop will help you obtain necessary tie rod clearance.
- Arms have a 1-3/4" drop
- Heavy cast steel with sufficient radius to clear most spindle bosses
- Pre-threaded mounting holes
- Will accept tapered tie rod ends or spherical rod ends
NOTE: This steering arm is to only be used with a spring-over front axle and should not be used with a spring-behind front axle assembly. Flat plate arms are required when using a spring-behind front axle.
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
- When using these on a 48” wide axle, you will need a tie rod measuring 46” eye-to-eye.
- These steering arms are popular on Model T - 1934 Fords with 4" dropped axles and 4-bar or hairpin radius rod suspensions. These are also suitable to replace damaged stock arms on 1937-1948 Ford spindles.
- 3-3/8” center-to-center mounting holes
- Designed to accept 11/16” Ford tapered tie rod ends
- Dual taper so the tie rod end can come in from either side
- 2-1/16” offset from mounting surface to center of tie rod hole
- Tie rod hole can be drilled to 5/8” for use with spherical rod ends
- Overall length of short arm is approximately 8”
- Short arm length from front mounting hole to center of tie rod hole is approximately 6-7/8”
- Overall length of long arm is approximately 9-5/8”
- Center-to-center of tie rod holes is 1-7/8” on long arm
More Like This
1970-81 Camaro/Firebird Idler Arm
1961-64 Chevy Car Idler Arm
1958-60 Chevy Car Idler Arm
Speedway 1955-57 Chevy Car Steering Idler Arm
1968-72 Chevelle A-Body Idler Arm
Elgin 1964-66 Mustang 8 Cylinder Idler Arm
Elgin Industries 3K8160 1964-66 Mustang 6 Cylinder Idler Arm
Elgin Industries 3K8158 1967-70 Mustang Power Steering Idler Arm
Moog 3K8161 1967-70 Mustang Manual Steering Idler Arm
1958-60 Chevy Idler Arm Adaptor Bracket
Q & A
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.