Offenhauser 5173 GM Manual Trans to Ford Bellhousing Adapter
Ford Y-Block V8, Many Transmissions
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This trick little spacer is just what you need if you are looking to adapt an old GM gearbox to an early Ford bellhousing. This adapter mates a GM manual transmission to 1949-1964 Ford or 1951-1964 Mercury bellhousings. Adapter also comes with a proper pilot bushing adapter sleeve. Utilizing this adapter will space the transmission 5/8" away from the bellhousing.
See specs below for bolt hole sizing and spacing to determine if this adapter is right for your needs.
T-5 and Adapter Tech Tips (Link)
- Bellhousing bolt hole dimensions:
- Top hole width = 5-5/16" center to center
- Bottom hole width = 6-3/8" center to center
- Bolt hole spacing top to bottom = 7-5/16"
- Transmission mount bolt hole dimensions:
- Top hole width = 8-9/32"
- Bottom hole width = 9-3/16"
- Bolt hole spacing top to bottom = 4-7/8"
- Bellhousing collar dimensions:
- 4.686" O.D.
- 4.346" I.D.
- Depth = .175"
- Transmission collar = 4.675"
More Like This
Offenhauser 5272 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, Ford Clutch
Offenhauser 5174 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, GM Clutch
Dorman Products 690-023 GM Transmission to Ford Engine Pilot Bearing
Flathead V8 to Ford C4 Transmission Basic Adapter Kit
Speedway GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter - GM Clutch
Offenhauser Chevy T-5 Transmission to Flathead Adapter Kit
Speedway Chevy T-5 Transmission to Flathead Adapter Kit
Offenhauser 5204 49-64 Ford Trans to GM Bellhousing Adapter
Bert Transmission 301C/320NCEXT Crate Chevy Bellhousing, w/Idler
Offenhauser 5272 GM Manual Trans Flathead V8 Adapter Ford Clutch
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Shifter Assembly.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Follow Tim as he swaps tail housings and covers on a T-5 transmission