G-Comp Unser Edition 1967-69 Camaro Truck Arm Rear Suspension Kit
Solid Axle Rear Suspension Type, Truck Arm Trailing Arm Style, Conversion Suspension Kit Type
See more images and a detailed installation of this suspension on a '68 Camaro in this article in Super Chevy Magazine.
The Unser Edition rear suspension incorporates performance enhancements developed by Team Speedway over the last year of competition. Speedway Motors' G-Comp line of Chevy suspension parts is engineered for performance, strength and value. This G-Comp rear suspension kit is a complete assembly for the 1967-69 Chevy Camaro. This Pro Touring rear kit is an all-new performance system engineered for optimum handling and vastly improved control. The Unser Edition is designed and built to handle the rigors of autocross competition. G-Comp rear kits feature a user-friendly installation and will turn your Chevy Camaro into a real G-machine, ready to take on the autocross, road course, or the street.
G-Comp Truck Arm suspension systems are precision engineered for spirited performance driving styles. Our truck arm suspension design eliminates all wheel hop and is a versatile, fully adjustable suspension system. Perfect for weekend track excursions or spirited curvy back road runs. Truck arm suspension designs are built so that it cannot bind under any condition. The truck arms converge on an actual instant center and because of the arm's length, the vehicle remains neutral throughout bump, droop, and roll travel suspension movements. This provides a very consistent and predictable suspension system for your F-body - a huge improvement from your worn-out double-leaf suspension!
The dual I-beam arrangement pivots on a forward mounting point. That mounting point is located just behind the transmission tail shaft and is then hard mounted to the rear axle housing. This creates a rigid suspension system that only allows the rear axle to move up and down. No unpredictable side to side movement to upset the car when accelerating or braking. This rigid construction reduces driveshaft slip yoke movement which results in virtually no torque induced flex in the chassis.
Truck arm designs provide the driver with an amazing handling machine - stable instant center, predictable roll steer characteristics, and consistent behavior under hard acceleration and braking. This suspension design is perfect for high-speed stability without sacrificing any cornering ability. Eliminate all wheel hop issues and tune your setup with an adjustable pan hard bar for the perfect road-course and high-speed autocross track F-body builds!
The Unser Edition is designed with additional stiffness and race car like adjustability to make the most out of a caged car in autocross competition and high-performance driving. The Unser Edition rear kit features 9” Ford Floater Rear End housing for durability, pre-welded and ready to bolt in, with an adjustable Watts Link and anti-Sway Bar.
- Designed to complement the Unser Edition G-Comp front end kit
- Designed to handle the highest level of autocross competition
- Watts link is used to control lateral movement of rear-end - precise with no roll bias
- Watts link virtually eliminates sideways movement of the rear end during travel
- Watts link provides equal load distribution for consistent reaction to turning right or left
- Four positions of Watts link mounts allow quick roll center adjustments, links and hardware included
- Kit includes a 9" Ford Grand National (floater style) rear end housing
- Rear end housing has sway bar, trailing arm, and Watts link mounts installed
- Winters Performance 5069 double splined axles are included (31 spline)
- Speedway Grand National 5 x 4-3/4 rear hubs with all bearings, seals and hardware included
- Kit includes a 7/8" solid torsion bar style sway bar
- Allows for a large range of rear ride height adjustment, working with a wider range of shock lengths and mounts
Installation Note: The trunk floor must be altered to allow room for the Watts link top cradle crossmember to be properly welded in to place.
Driver Notes: Unser Edition kits will test your drive train! Your power will be hooked to the ground, so be prepared!
- Depending on how and where you drive, your car can create huge G forces. You may need to Dry Sump your engine so it won’t starve for oil.
- An oil pressure light is a MUST, as our expert drivers can attest, time is limited during competition to watch the gauges.
- At least one day professional driving class is recommended for cars equipped with engines exceeding 500HP.
Recommended Coil-Over Shocks for G-Comp Series Rear Suspension:
- 1061340CT - AFCO Street/Pro-Touring Coilover Shock (non-adjustable)
- 1063845PTCZ - AFCO Pro-Touring/Race Coilover Shock (single adjustable)
- 100206 - AFCO Max Performance/Race Coilover Shock (double adjustable)
Recommended Brake Components for G-Comp Series Rear Suspension:
To learn more about the G-Comp line of performance muscle car suspension parts, CLICK HERE.
350810 Instructions (PDF)
NotesThis item is made to order with a production-to-ship estimated average time frame of 5 business days.
- This item 350810 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
More Like This
Speedway G-Comp 67-69 Camaro Torque Arm Rear Suspension Kit
RideTech 11167199 Bolt-On 4-Link, 67-69 GM F Body
RideTech 11167197 Bolt-On 4-Link, Kevlar Heims, 67-69 GM F Body
Heidts RC-101-WT Rear 4-Link Base Kit, 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird
Universal Parallel 4-Bar Rear Suspension Bracket Fabricator Kit
Universal Triangulated 4-Bar Rear Suspension Fabricator Kit
Speedway Deluxe Coil Spring Hairpin Radius Rod Rear Suspension Kit
RideTech 11004699 Rear CoolRide Universal Air Spring/Shock Mount
Deluxe Coil-Over Rear Suspension Kit, Chrome
Deluxe Coil-Over Rear Suspension Kit, Plain Finish
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks teamed up to build a 1952 Chevy Truck in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th Anniversary. Jason and Tom take a few minutes to talk about the rear suspension the team used on the truck.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Learn the proper method of blocking a race car in this step-by-step procedure to follow when performing this task. Learn why consistency is important and a few "not-to-do's".
Easy to follow instructions to install a G-Comp rear suspension kit.
Do you need a Panhard Bar on your front suspension? Find out whether its recommended to have one on your four-bar or cross steering system.
Whether you are looking to change the look of your truck, get rid of your tired rusty springs, or upgrade the ride quality of your truck, Speedway Motors has you covered with stock height and lowered spring options.
In this Tech Tip, a returning customer asks for advice on building a front suspension kit for his Model A rat rod.