G-Comp Unser Edition 1962-67 Chevy II Nova Front Suspension Kit
62-67 Chevy Chevy II
This product contributed to making the Team Speedway '65 Nova the GoodGuys Autocross Champion in 2016!
Speedway Motors' G-Comp line of Chevy II Nova suspension parts is engineered for performance, strength and value. This G-Comp front suspension kit is a complete bolt-in front subframe assembly for the 1962-67 Chevy II Nova. This Pro Touring front end is an all-new performance IFS designed around Speedway's exclusive fabricated uprights (uses C7 Corvette hubs), and engineered for optimum handling and vastly improved control. G-Comp subframe kits will turn your Chevy II Nova into a real G-machine, ready to take on the autocross, road course, or the street.
The Unser Edition is designed with additional stiffness and race car like adjustability to make the most out of a caged car in autocross competition and high performance driving. The Unser Edition front end is designed to run wider wheels and tires while maintaining adequate turning angle and reducing scrub radius, for super tight cornering!
- Designed by the Engineers at Speedway; developed by Robby and Al Unser Jr.
- The Unser Edition is an enhanced G-Comp front end with the following components:
- Subframe features a chassis brace machined from billet aluminum
- The billet chassis brace holds the upper shock mount
- The upper shock mount position is adjustable, permitting use of multiple length shocks - Adjust your shocks in minutes!
- The new upper shock mount provides clearance for springs with large wire diameter
- The Unser version has an additional 3° caster over standard G-Comp arm
- Inverted ball joint on upper control arm allows use of deeper backspace wheels and tighter turning angle.
- Lower control arm has a recessed front strut to increase tire clearance
- Up to 275/35 R18 tires can be used in competition
- Kit comes with a 0.250" wall - 1-1/4" O.D. sway bar
- Allows for a large range of front ride height adjustment, working with a wider range of shock lengths and strokes
- Complete bolt-in front frame assembly replaces stock subframe
- Caster adjustable with laser cut inserts, camber adjusted with shims
- 2"x3" .120-wall steel tube rails for increased stiffness
- Lowers car 3" to 4" from stock, depending on wheel/tire combo
- Power rack-and-pinion steering
- Will work with 14" through 16" long shocks - not included
- Multiple brake packages available - not included
- The recommended brake kit and coil-overs from the options listed below
Kit includes front frame assembly, firewall support tubes, tubular control arms, uprights, hubs, standard sway bar, power rack and pinion steering, steering arms, and tie rods.
Recommended Brake Kits for G-Comp Series Front Suspensions:
Recommended Coil-Over Shocks and Springs for G-Comp Series Front Suspensions: (2 of Each Required)
- 1061340CT - AFCO Street/Pro-Touring Coilover Shock (non-adjustable)
- 1063845PTCZ - AFCO Pro-Touring/Race Coilover Shock (single adjustable)
- 100205 - AFCO Max Performance/Race Coilover Shock (double adjustable)
- 106284001CR - Afco 8" Chrome Coilover Spring
Unser Edition kits will test your drive train! Your power will be hooked to the ground, so be prepared!
- Depending on how and where you drive, your car can create huge G forces. You may need to Dry Sump your engine so it won’t starve for oil.
- An oil pressure light is a MUST, as our expert drivers can attest, time is limited during competition to watch the gauges.
- At least one day professional driving class is recommended for cars equipped with engines exceeding 500HP.
To learn more about the G-Comp line of performance muscle car suspension parts, CLICK HERE.
Read about the G-Comp suspension packages in action on our 1965 Chevy II, as featured in this article from Super Chevy Magazine; A 1965 Chevrolet Nova that Crushes it on the Track!
Brakes are offered in the 13" diameter.
- 13" brakes will require a minimum of a 17" wheel
More Like This
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Whether you are looking to change the look of your truck, get rid of your tired rusty springs, or upgrade the ride quality of your truck, Speedway Motors has you covered with stock height and lowered spring options.