G-Comp 1962-67 Chevy II Nova Front Suspension Kit
62-67 Chevy Chevy II
This product contributed to making the Team Speedway '65 Nova the GoodGuys Autocross Champion in 2016!
Designed to give your car a great ride and handling without the need to install a roll cage due to added chassis stiffness! Speedway Motors' G-Comp line of Chevy II Nova suspension parts is engineered for performance, strength and value. This G-Comp front suspension kit is a complete bolt-in front subframe assembly for the 1962-67 Chevy II Nova. This Pro Touring front end is an all-new performance IFS designed around Speedway's exclusive G-Comp spindles and engineered for optimum handling and vastly improved control. G-Comp subframe kits will turn your Chevy II Nova into a real G-machine, ready to take on the autocross, road course, or the street.
- Complete bolt-in front frame assembly replaces stock subframe
- Clean-sheet IFS design engineered for handling and vastly improved ride and control
- Delivers optimal negative camber gain to keep tires planted on the ground
- Caster adjustable with laser cut inserts, camber adjusted with shims
- 2"x3" .120-wall steel tube rails for increased stiffness
- Lowers car 3" to 4" from stock, depending on wheel/tire combo
- Allows use of 18"x9" front wheels and 255 size tires
- Power rack-and-pinion steering
- Standard 0.188" wall sway bar
- Recommended for cars up to 500HP
- Choose your brake kit and coil-overs from the options listed below
- Camber Shims not included, suggested shims # 917-21005-thickness
- Brake kit and 12" coil-overs with 8" springs are required to complete the kit
Kit includes front frame assembly, firewall support tubes, tubular control arms, spindles, standard sway bar, power rack and pinion steering, steering arms, and tie rods.
Recommended Brake Kits for G-Comp Series Front Suspensions:
- 91031958 - Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit
- 83514010996 - Wilwood 11" GM Disc Brake Kit
- 8351407675 - Wilwood 12.19" GM Brake Kit
- 83514012271 - Wilwood 13" GM Disc Brake Kit
Note: All disc brake kits made for GM A,F, and X-Body disc brake spindles will work with C-Gomp Series Kits
Recommended Coil-Over Shocks and Springs for G-Comp Series Front Suspensions: (2 of Each Required)
- 1061340CT - AFCO Street/Pro-Touring Coilover Shock (non-adjustable)
- 1063845PTCZ - AFCO Pro-Touring/Race Coilover Shock (single adjustable) (Modification of upper shock tower hole for adjuster knob clearance will be required upon installation)
- 106284001CR - Afco 8" Chrome Coilover Spring
To learn more about the entire G-Comp line of performance muscle car suspension parts, CLICK HERE.
Read about the G-Comp suspension packages in action on our 1965 Chevy II, as featured in this article from Super Chevy Magazine; A 1965 Chevrolet Nova that Crushes it on the Track!
Recommended Headers for G-Comp Series Front Suspensions
Brakes are offered in the 11", 12" or 13" diameter.
- 11" brakes will require a minimum of a 14" wheel
- 12" brakes will require a minimum of a 16" wheel
- 13" brakes will require a minimum of a 17" wheel
- Q: How many degrees of caster is this subframe setup for? What is the King Pin angle of the spindles?
- A: Suggested alignment settings for general street use are: 5 degrees positive caster 1/4 to 1/2 degree negative camber 0 to 1/8" toe in
- Q: Is the G-Comp pro touring subframe painted or bare?
- A: These sub frames come bare steel, and can be painted or powder coated to your liking.
- Q: Will a front sump oil pan on a LS series engine work with this clip?
- A: No you must run a rear sump oil pan.
- Q: Can this suspension be used with a motor plate if the motor mount brackets are removed?
- A: This subframe is intended to use the side motor mounts but an experienced fabricator could certainly mount the engine with a motor plate if desired.
More Like This
Q & A
Step by Step guide to installing a G-Comp front suspension on your Nova.
Get up to date with the latest rule change and successfully update your sprint car support bars with the help of our very own Jason Martin!
Whether you are looking to change the look of your truck, get rid of your tired rusty springs, or upgrade the ride quality of your truck, Speedway Motors has you covered with stock height and lowered spring options.