Forged Street SB Chevy 383 Rotating Assembly, 6 In I-Beam Rods
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, 350 mains Main Journal Style
- Specifically designed for the 383 Small Block Chevy's
- Crankshaft is made from 4340 Forged steel that is nitride hardened and shot peened
- Rods are stroker clearance and come with ARP 7/16" cap screw bolts
- Pistons are manufactured from lightweight 2618 aluminum alloy
- All Scat 4340 crankshafts are 2-piece rear main seal, internally balanced and weigh approximately 51-55 lbs.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These rotating assembly engine rebuild kits are designed for street use and include Keith Black forged pistons, Scat 4340 Pro-Comp I-beam rods and a Scat 4340 forged crankshaft.
All Scat 4340 cranks are 2-piece rear main seal, internally balanced and weigh approximately 51-55 lbs.
These assemblies will require balancing either by us or your machine shop. All kits can be internally balanced.
All balancing is done with our state-of-the-art Hines balancer by race mechanics with over 30 years of experience! A kit purchased with the optional balance job will ship in 24-48 hours.
Rings and bearings not included. Journals are standard size. Due to larger journal side radius on this aftermarket crankshaft, you must use Clevite H-series, King bearings or equivalent.
NOTE: Piston rings are not included and must be purchased separately.
Item DetailsFeatures internally balanced 383 crankshaft - use balance option # 915-10200
- Scat 4340 Forged Steel Crankshaft
- Straight shot and chamfered oil holes
- Nitride hardened and shot peened
- Lightening holes in all rod throws
- Large radius on all journals
- Scat Pro Comp 4340 I-Beam Rods
- Stroker clearanced
- ARP 7/16" cap screw bolts
- Bushed pin
- 6.0" rod: 629 grams
- Crank pin: 2.100"
- Wrist pin: .927"
- B.E. width: .940"
- Set of 8 rods
- KB Signature Series Forged Pistons
- 2618 aluminum alloy construction
- T-6 heat treated
- 4.000" bore pistons available in standard, .030, .040, or .060 sizes
- 4.125" bore pistons available in standard, .030 or .040 sizes
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Icon Chevy 383 Forged Pistons, Dish, 6.0 Inch RodPart # 474734Qty x 1
Scat 26000716 Small Block Chevy 4340 I-Beam Rods, 6.0 Inch, Bushed PinPart # 91015232Qty x 1
Scat 4-350-3750-5700 383 Chevy 4340 Forged Crankshaft, 3.75 StrokePart # 91515550Qty x 1
King HP Series Chevy 350/400 Large Journal Engine Rod Bearings, StdPart # 910807HP-STDQty x 1
King MB 557HP HP Series Chevy 350 Large Journal Main BearingsPart # 910557HP-STDQty x 1
More Like This
Light Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Dome, 6 In Rods
Forged Small Block Chevy Rotating Assembly, 350 Dome, H-Beam, 6 Rod
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Flat Top, H-Beam, 6 Rod
Light Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 350 Dome, 6 In Rods
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Dome, H-Beam, 6 In Rods
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 350 Flat Top, H-Beam, 6 Rod
Forged Street SB Chevy 350 Rotating Assembly, 5.7 In I-Beam Rods
Street Small Block Chevy 350 Rotating Assembly, Dish Dome, 6 Inch Rod
Forged Street SB Chevy 350 Rotating Assembly, 6 In I-Beam Rods
Street Small Block Chevy 383 Rotating Assembly, Dish Dome, 6 Inch Rod
Q & A
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Professional insight on some useful crate engine tools that will improve your engine building experience.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.