Forged Street SB Chevy 383 Rotating Assembly, 5.7 In I-Beam Rods
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for Speedway Motors to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 9151232 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These rotating assembly engine rebuild kits are designed for street use and include Keith Black forged pistons, Scat 4340 Pro-Comp I-beam rods, King connecting bearings, King main bearings, and a Scat 4340 forged crankshaft.
All Scat 4340 cranks are 2-piece rear main seal, internally balanced and weigh approximately 51-55 lbs.
These assemblies will require balancing either by us or your machine shop. All kits can be internally balanced.
All balancing is done with our state-of-the-art Hines balancer by race mechanics with over 30 years of experience! A kit purchased with the optional balance job will ship in 24-48 hours.
Rings not included. Journals are standard size. Due to larger journal side radius on this aftermarket crankshaft, you must use Clevite H-series, King bearings or equivalent.
NOTE: Piston rings are not included and must be purchased separately
- Scat 4340 Forged Steel Crankshaft
- Straight shot and chamfered oil holes
- Nitride hardened and shot peened
- Lightening holes in all rod throws
- Large radius on all journals
- Scat Pro Comp 4340 I-Beam Rods
- Stroker clearanced
- ARP 7/16" cap screw bolts
- Bushed pin
- 5.7" rod: 628 grams
- Crank pin: 2.100"
- Wrist pin: .927"
- B.E. width: .940"
- Set of 8 rods
- KB Signature Series Forged Pistons
- 2618 aluminum alloy construction
- T-6 heat treated
- 4.000" bore pistons available in standard, .030, .040, or .060 sizes
- 4.125" bore pistons available in standard, .030 or .040 sizes
- King HP SBC Connecting Rod Bearings
- Standard option: Rod bearing for Small Block Chevy, for 2.00" journal
- King HP Chevy 350 Main Bearings
What's In The Kit
Garage Sale - Icon Forged Chevy 383 Pistons - DishedPart # 474735Qty x 1
Scat 25700716 Small Block Chevy 4340 I-Beam Rods, 5.7 Inch, Bushed PinPart # 91015230Qty x 1
Scat 4-350-3750-5700 383 Chevy 4340 Forged Crankshaft, 3.75 StrokePart # 91515550Qty x 1
King HP Series Chevy 350/400 Large Journal Engine Rod Bearings, StdPart # 910807HP-STDQty x 1
King HP Series Chevy 350 Large Journal Engine Main Bearings-StandardPart # 910557HP-STDQty x 1
More Like This
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 350 Flat Top, H-Beam, 5.7 Rods
Forged Street Small Block Chevy 377 Rotating Assembly, 5.7 Inch Rods
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Flat Top, H-Beam, 5.7 Rods
Street SB Chevy 400 Rotating Assembly, Dish Dome, 5.7 In Rod
Forged Street SB Chevy 383 Rotating Assembly, 6 In I-Beam Rods
Forged Street SB Chevy 400 Rotating Assembly, 5.7 In I-Beam Rods
Street SB Chevy 383 Rotating Assembly, Dish Dome, 5.7 In Rod
Street SB Chevy 350 Rotating Assembly, Dish Dome, 5.7 In Rod
Forged Small Block Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Dome, H-Beam, 5.7 Rods
Light Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 350 Dome, 5.7 In Rods
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Piston Ring Style Chart
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Heath P. tells his story on how the passion for 'hot rodding' was instilled in him by his grandfather. From driving tractors on their family farm to becoming a Ford family, you are in for a good read.