Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Flat Top, H-Beam, 5.7 Rods
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, 350 mains Main Journal Style
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Speedway introduces forged rotating assemblies, with an optional balance job. Includes new 2-pc rear main seal crank, rods and pistons. Cranks are new so they use standard size bearings.
All Scat 4340 cranks are 2-piece rear main seal, internally balanced and weigh approximately 51-55 lbs. All balancing is done with our state-of-the-art Hines balancer by race mechanics with over 30 years of experience! A kit purchased with the optional balance job will ship in 24-48 hours. These rotating assembly engine rebuild kits may require additional charges for heavy metal.
If you are going to run this crank in a sprint car motor, you must have the crank flange turned down prior to balancing the crank to allow it to go through the motor plate.
Chevy 383: 4.000" bore x 3.75" stroke
NOTE: Piston rings are not included and must be purchased separately. Use Style C rings.
Flat top, 476 g.
Features internally balanced 383 crankshaft - use balance option # 915-10200
C/R 58cc=12.0, 64cc=11.1, 76cc=9.8
Piston/Pin Weight: 609 g
Rod Length: 5.7"
- Scat 4340 Forged Steel Crankshaft
- Standard size journals
- Straight shot and chamfered oil holes
- Nitride hardened and shot peened
- Lightening holes in all rod throws
- Large radius on all journals
- KB Signature Series Forged Pistons
- 2618 aluminum alloy construction
- T-6 heat treated
- 4.000" bore pistons available in standard, .030, .040, or .060 sizes
- 4.125" bore pistons available in .030 or .040 sizes
- Speedway 4340 H-beam Connecting Rods
- Full floating pin in silicon bronze bushing
- Precision bolt bushings to positively locate cap
- 5.7" lengths
- 622 grams
- Weight matched set of 8 rods
- King HP Series Main & Rod Bearings
- 0.015" thick top layer for superior macro particle embedability and conformability
- 40 Vickers hardness to resist overlay migration and extrusion
- 450°F heat threshold for superior protection against friction and overheating
- Mains are 3/4 grooved for improved oiling to the rod journals
- Bi-metal aluminum silicon alloy featuring fine micro-bore finish
What's In The Kit
Scat 4-350-3750-5700 383 Chevy 4340 Forged Crankshaft, 3.75 StrokePart # 91515550Qty x 1
Icon Chevy 383 Forged Pistons, Flat Top, 5.7 RodPart # 474728Qty x 1
Small Block Chevy 5.7 H-Beam Connecting Rods, 4340 Steel, 7/16Part # 91015328-5.7Qty x 1
King HP Series Chevy 350/400 Large Journal Engine Rod Bearings, StdPart # 910807HP-STDQty x 1
King MB 557HP HP Series Chevy 350 Large Journal Main BearingsPart # 910557HP-STDQty x 1
More Like This
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 350 Flat Top, H-Beam, 5.7 Rods
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Flat Top, H-Beam, 6 Rod
Light Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assem., 350 Flat Top, 5.7 In. Rod
SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Flat Top-2 Valve Relief, 5.7 Rod
Premium SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Flat Top, 5.7 In Rods
Forged Small Block Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Dome, H-Beam, 5.7 Rods
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Dome, H-Beam, 6 In Rods
Small Block Chevy Rotating Assembly, 383 Flat Top-.110 Inch, 5.7 Rod
Light Forged S/B Chevy Assembly, 383 Flat Top, 6 Inch Rods
Forged SB Chevy Rotating Assembly, 350 Flat Top, H-Beam, 6 Rod
Q & A
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Read about the hardships faced when Tim tried to fire up his 241 Dodge Hemi for his 1929 Ford roadster. Learn his tips for how to persist despite difficulties that will help any hot rodder with their own troubles.