Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, Stock Height Suspension Height Adjustment
Speedways exclusive steering & brake kits save you time and money by combining all necessary parts into one part number. Each kit includes brake kit, rubber brake lines, spindles, dust caps, spindle nuts, AN3 caliper fittings, kingpins, flat plate steering arms, tie rod assembly and hardware.
- For 46" kingpin-to-kingpin axles.
- Traditional steering arm for left front wheel NOT included with Traditional steering kit.
Ford kit features:
- Mr. Roadster 1928-48 Ford Spindles
- One piece forged 4140 steel
- Modeled after the 1937-41 round-back design
- Standard king pins fit to spindles
- Speedway 11" Brake Kit
- 11" vented iron rotor, 1" thick
- 5 x 4-1/2" or 5 x 4-3/4" bolt patterns
- Wheel studs - 1/2" Fine (4-1/2" BP), 7/16" Fine (4-3/4" BP)
- Hub flange (hat) diameter - 6-1/4"
- GM Metric 78-88 calipers, 2-1/2" piston
- 7/16" banjo bolt to AN-3 line adapter kit
- Traditional or Cross Steering Kit
- Flat plate steering arms
- 5/8" tie rod steering link
- 5/8" standard heim joint rod ends
- Seals-it 5/8" rod end seals
Item Details11" rotors
- Ford 1928-48 spindles are generally your best choice when using an original Ford axle or an aftermarket I-beam axle.
- Chevy 1949-54 spindles are specifically designed for use on tube axles. A shorter, thicker axle stub makes this a slightly stronger spindle ideal for use with heavier street rods.
Cross Steering vs. Traditional Steering
Traditional steering provides an original, period look, but will only work in these applications:
- Four bar setup with '68-'73 Mustang box
- Split wishbone or hairpin radius rod with reversed Corvair or '48-'56 Ford Puckup steering box
- Parallel Steering Set-Up Guide
Cross steering (using a Vega box) is the preferred method for nearly all cross spring, beam axle suspensions. Ford used this design from 1935-on.
- Less bumpsteer
- More comfortable steering column angle
- Frees up foot pedal / bellhousing room
- Cleaner vehicle profile
- Cross Steering Guide
What's In The Kit
More Like This
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
Chevy Wilwood Front Brake & Steering Kits, 48 Inch Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 54-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 54-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Ford Wilwood Front Brake & Steering Kits - 48 Inch Axle
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
Steering and Brake Kit for 46 Inch Ford Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 56-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Kit for Ford Spindle
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!