Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, Not Included Shock Type
- Upgrade the steering and brakes on 46" Ford axles, saving time and money with this all inclusive bolt on kit
- Chrome '28-'48, 4140 forged steel spindles provide beauty and strength over stock cast design with '37-'48 Ford kingpins pre-fit
- 11" vented rotors offer more rotational mass for increased stopping performance, your choice of 5 on 4-1/2" Ford or 5 on 4-3/4" Chevy bolt patterns
- Common GM metric calipers have a 2-1/2" bore and 7/16"-20 inlet for easy serviceability
- Cross steering offers less bumpsteer, more comfortable steering column angle, frees up foot pedal / bellhousing room has an overall cleaner vehicle profile
Speedways exclusive steering & brake kits save you time and money by combining all necessary parts into one part number. Each kit includes brake kit, rubber brake lines, spindles, dust caps, spindle nuts, AN3 caliper fittings, kingpins, flat plate steering arms, tie rod assembly and hardware.
- For 46" kingpin-to-kingpin axles.
- Traditional steering arm for left front wheel NOT included with Traditional steering kit.
Ford kit features:
- Mr. Roadster 1928-48 Ford Spindles
- One piece forged 4140 steel
- Modeled after the 1937-41 round-back design
- Standard king pins fit to spindles
- Speedway 11" Brake Kit
- 11" vented iron rotor, 1" thick
- 5 x 4-1/2" or 5 x 4-3/4" bolt patterns
- Wheel studs - 1/2" Fine (4-1/2" BP), 7/16" Fine (4-3/4" BP)
- Hub flange (hat) diameter - 6-1/4"
- GM Metric 78-88 calipers, 2-1/2" piston
- 7/16" banjo bolt to AN-3 line adapter kit
- Traditional or Cross Steering Kit
- Flat plate steering arms
- 5/8" tie rod steering link
- 5/8" standard heim joint rod ends
- Seals-it 5/8" rod end seals
Item Details11" rotors
- Ford 1928-48 spindles are generally your best choice when using an original Ford axle or an aftermarket I-beam axle.
- Chevy 1949-54 spindles are specifically designed for use on tube axles. A shorter, thicker axle stub makes this a slightly stronger spindle ideal for use with heavier street rods.
Cross Steering vs. Traditional Steering
Traditional steering provides an original, period look, but will only work in these applications:
- Four bar setup with '68-'73 Mustang box
- Split wishbone or hairpin radius rod with reversed Corvair or '48-'56 Ford Puckup steering box
- Parallel Steering Set-Up Guide
Cross steering (using a Vega box) is the preferred method for nearly all cross spring, beam axle suspensions. Ford used this design from 1935-on.
- Less bumpsteer
- More comfortable steering column angle
- Frees up foot pedal / bellhousing room
- Cleaner vehicle profile
- Cross Steering Guide
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
More Like This
Ford Wilwood Front Brake & Steering Kits - 48 Inch Axle
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
Steering and Brake Kit for 46 Inch Ford Axle
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
Chevy Wilwood Front Brake & Steering Kits, 48 Inch Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 54-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 54-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Steering and Brake Kit for 48 Inch Ford Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 58-1/2 Hub-to-Hub