Flo-Tek 102505 Assembled SBC Aluminum Cylinder Heads/Install Kit
Chevy Small Block V8, Assembled Cylinder Head Style, Aluminum, Natural
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Breathe new life into your small block Chevy with a set of FloTek aluminum cylinder heads from Speedway Motors. If you're looking for a budget-conscious, yet proven, cylinder head for bolt-on performance gains, check out these completely assembled cylinder heads from FloTek.
- (2) Flo-Tek 102505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Heads, Straight Plug
- (2) Manley 42171 Small Block Chevy Head Bolt Sets
- (1) Manley 42102 Head Bolt Washer Set
- (1) Speedway Small Block Chevy Intake Gasket Set, 1205 Style, Standard
- (2) Fel-Pro P1010 S/B Chevy 265-400 Copper Ring Head Gaskets, 4.166 In. Bore
Flo-Tek 102505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Heads
- Standard port location for use with most intake and exhaust manifolds
- 180cc intake port volume
- 62cc exhaust port volume
- 64cc fast-burn combustion chambers deliver big power
- 2.02” intake/1.60” exhaust valves
- 3-angle valve job enhances flow at low-to-mid lifts
- Swirl polished & undercut stainless steel valves
- Intake flows 232 CFM @ .500” lift
- Exhaust flows 173 CFM @ .500” lift
- Accepts both perimeter and center bolt valve covers
- Single 1.46” diameter valve springs w/ inner damper
- Suitable for flat tappet camshafts up to .550” lift
- 7 degree lightweight chromoly retainers and keepers
- Hardened steel spring cups for durability
- High nickel powdered metal valve seats provide optimum heat transfer and wear characteristics
- Manganese bronze valve guides reduce friction
- Valve guides are compatible with all common valve materials and fuels
- Viton positive valve seals
- 2-piece hardened steel pushrod guide plates for use with hardened pushrods
- 3/8” chromoly screw-in rocker arm studs included
- Blocked exhaust heat riser manifold crossover port
- 3/8” NPT coolant temperature probe port
- Designed for 4" bore small block Chevy engines (302/327/350/383)
Manley 42171 Small Block Chevy Head Bolts
- Heavy duty design, longer than stock, for use with head bolt washers
- 180,000 PSI material
- Improved wrenchability with 1/2" hex head
Manley 42102 Head Bolt Washers
- Hardened steel 7/16" washers ensure proper torque readings
- Pack of 34 pieces outfits one Small Block Chevy engine
Small Block Chevy Intake Gasket Set
- High-performance intake manifold gaskets for 265-400 SB Chevy V8 engines
- No end seals - use silicone gasket maker
- Heat crossover port is blocked
- Compare to Fel-Pro
- 1205 style, 1.28" x 2.09" Stock/Small Race
Fel-Pro P1010 S/B Chevy 265-400 Copper Ring Head Gaskets
- Pre-flattened steel wire ring gaskets have the strength of steel wire sealing with minimum brinelling of aluminum heads
- Pre-flattened copper wire ring gaskets will not brinell aluminum heads
- Offers superior heat dissipation
- Nominal compression thickness: .039"
- Compressed volume: 8.9 cc
- Recommended for 86-91 Corvette aluminum heads. Max 4.155" bore.
- 4.166" bore gaskets can be used on 400 race engines with up to 4.155" max bore with minimal chamfer.
- When using aluminum heads, we recommend gaskets with soft copper wire rings (such as 344-1010). This ensures that the aluminum head is not "scarred" by the combustion seal. Shim style 344-1094 will also work well with aluminum heads.
- Multi-layer steel gaskets offer current leading-edge technology and provide a long-term, leakproof seal called Perma Torque MLS
Flo-Tek 102505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Heads (more details)
Features like fast-burn combustion chambers, high-velocity ports, large diameter valve springs, and rugged construction make these heads the obvious performance upgrade for small block engines.
FloTek cylinder heads are designed for optimal airflow and performance on SBC engines with a 4.0" bore. Large 180cc intake runners, with an improved short-side radius, provide a rush of air into the cylinders, increasing torque. The key ingredient for big power, however, is the 64cc fast-burn combustion chambers. Air flows in and out of these chambers via a 3-angle valve job. A 62cc exhaust runner gets the spent gasses out. All told, these heads will flow 232 CFM @ .500" lift on the intake and 173 CFM @ .500" lift on the exhaust.
FloTek aluminum cylinder heads arrive packed full of standout features at an incredible value. At 20 lbs. apiece, the state-of-the-art aluminum alloy casting is a great base for any mild SBC build. FloTek cylinder heads are built with bronze valve guides, high nickel valve seats, milled and drilled ends for accessory bracket mounting, and are available in straight or angle spark plug configurations. Assembled heads add stainless valves, 1.46" diameter springs, chromoly retainers, Viton seals, pushrod guide plates, and 3/8" screw-in rocker studs - for a complete bolt-on performance package!
Maybe you are a bit more involved in your engine build - no problem! Pick up a set of bare FloTek heads, also available with straight or angled plugs, to build out with the valves, springs, and hardware of your choice.
These fully assembled heads are ready to run and are a great match to flat tappet camshafts. They're compatible with solid (mechanical) flat tappet or hydraulic flat tappet cams with up to .550” lift. The valve springs (single with flat wire inner damper) have a seat pressure of 120 lbs. Valves are +.100" long and must be used in conjunction with aftermarket aluminum roller rocker arms to clear valve springs used which are 1.46" diameter. The valve springs have 120 lbs. @ 1.800" installed height and 290 lbs. of open pressure at 1.20” (coil bind is at 1.160”).
- Stock stamped steel rocker arms will not clear 1.437” diameter valve springs on these heads. Must use aftermarket roller tip or full roller rocker arms if using large diameter springs. We recommend 57533501or 57523501. Heads feature valve cover rails that are raised 3/8” so you can use roller rockers with short valve covers (note - some factory A/C brackets may have interference issues). Rocker arm studs should be torqued to 45 ft.-lbs.
- Exhaust ports are square and work with Fel-Pro 1404 style gaskets.
- Champion 271RC12YC spark plugs (14mm thread, 5/8" hex, flat gasket seat, .750" reach) are what we recommend as a starting point. This is a straight plug head (not angled plug). Ignition timing should be between 35 to 38 degrees total. Set the timing with the vacuum advance hose disconnected and rev the engine up until the mechanical advance is fully in, then set it at 35 degrees to start with. You can experiment with more timing later to see if the engine runs better at closer to 38 degrees, but we don't recommend exceeding 38 degrees on most applications.
- Heads are not drilled for steam holes that are required on SBC 400 engines.
- Torque head bolts to 50-65-80 ft.-lbs., with 75 ft.lbs. torque on the bottom. Use Permatex 80631 style sealant on the threads.
Head Gasket Application (JPEG)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Flo-Tek 102505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Straight PlugPart # 7222000Qty x 2
Manley 42171 Small Block Chevy Head BoltsPart # 50542171Qty x 2
Manley 42102 Head Bolt WashersPart # 50542102Qty x 1
Speedway Small Block Chevy Intake Gasket Set, 1205 Style, StandardPart # 91010207Qty x 1
Fel-Pro P1010 S/B Chevy 265-400 Copper Ring Head Gasket 4.166 In. BorePart # 3441010Qty x 2
Q & A
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
Engine Cylinder Numbers
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Learn how to identify Chevy cylinder heads on your early cast iron, late model aluminum, or aftermarket and Vortec Chevy Small Block (SBC) with our Chevy cylinder head identification guide. Our images cover Chevrolet small blocks since 1955.