Flathead Cylinder Head Stud Kit
Block: 7/16"-14 UNC, Head: 7/16"-20 UNF Thread Pitch, Steel, Zinc, Stud Fastener Style
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Performance engine builders know that head studs are superior to bolts, and this is especially the case on Flathead Ford and Mercury V8s. Flathead decks are thin and their threads are easily stripped. By installing studs, you avoid damaging the threads in the block through repeated use. The combination of the studs fine outer threads and hardened washers also prevents galling and ensures accurate torque readings, particularly on aluminum heads.
- Studs utilize superior "pull down torque"
- Properly fastens and torques both aluminum and iron heads
- 1949-1953 kit shown above (to reflect 2 different stud lengths provided).
- 1939-1948 kit not shown.
910-15310 Instructions (PDF)
1939-1948 or 1949-1953
- Part number 91015310-39 for 1939-1948 Flathead V8s
- Part Number 91015310-49 for 1949-1953 Flathead V8s
- 1939-1948 engines use 24 studs per head (48 per engine) that are 3.25" long.
- 1949-1953 engines use 10 short studs (3") and 14 long studs (3.25") per head (48 total studs per engine).
- Use sealer on block threads – Moroso part number 545-35500
- Use anti-seize on nuts and upper studs – Speedway part number 910-16011
More Like This
Offenhauser Flathead Cylinder Head Stud Kit
Flathead Ford V8 Cylinder Head Chrome Acorn Nut Covers, 11/16 Nuts
Flathead Ford V8 Intake Manifold Chrome Acorn Nut Covers, 9/16 Nuts
Stud Kit for Flathead Head Mount Generator Brackets
ARP 154-4104 Head Stud Kit, 1949-53 Flathead for Offenhauser Heads
ARP 154-4102 Head Stud Kit, 1949-53 Ford Flathead For Edelbrock Heads
ARP 151-4101 Head Stud Kit, 1938-48 Ford Flathead for Edelbrock Heads
ARP 154-5103 Head Stud Kit 1938-48 Ford Flathead For Offenhauser Heads
Q & A
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.