Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
Universal Fit, Manual Steering Box Type, Rear Steer Steering Box Orientation, Steel, Painted
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Flaming River Performance Vega Steering Box is an all new unit designed specifically for street rods. This box is 30% stronger than the OEM box, and it uses a needle bearing design to far outlast the original bushing design of the 70's. The Vega Steering Box features new castings and components. A faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations and no core charge.
- Manufactured from aircraft steel alloy
- Durable cast iron and machined steel construction will give years of high-mileage service
- New needle bearing design
- Crowned sector provides higher torque at center position reduces vibration and provides for more natural return of steering wheel
- 30% stronger worm and nut
- 30% stronger sector
- Bigger gears
- Chrome cap
- Bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets
- Accepts Vega-spline u-joints, pitman arms and accessories
- 5/8"-36 spline input shaft
Must use Vega Pitman Arm # 702-2924.
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
This steering box will bolt to and can be utilized with the following steering box mounts:
- 916-32005 Model T-1934 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32003 1935-41 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32004 1941-48 Ford Frame Saginaw Steering Box Mount
- The Vega-style box is preferred by most builders due to the steering geometry of straight axle equipped cars.
- Not Recommended for Vehicles over 3,000 lbs.
- Output shaft is 1" outside diameter
- Splined area tapers from .934" to .997"
- Threaded area takes a 3/4" nut and lock washer
More Like This
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500TC Chrome Tech-V Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1541 Reversed Corvair Steering Box
1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
Speedway Vega Style Steering Box Combo, All New Assembly
Speedway Chrome Vega Cross Steering Box
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box
CPP VEGA-PSB Vega Power Steering Box
Maval Manufacturing 8030000 GM 525 Manual Steering Box
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to install a front axle in your 410 sprint car as the guys on our build team keep progress moving. You won't want to miss this!