Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
Universal Fit, Manual Steering Box Type, Rear Steer Steering Box Orientation, Steel, Painted
The Flaming River Performance Vega Steering Box is an all new unit designed specifically for street rods. This box is 30% stronger than the OEM box, and it uses a needle bearing design to far outlast the original bushing design of the 70's. The Vega Steering Box features new castings and components. A faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations and no core charge.
- Manufactured from aircraft steel alloy
- Durable cast iron and machined steel construction will give years of high-mileage service
- New needle bearing design
- Crowned sector provides higher torque at center position reduces vibration and provides for more natural return of steering wheel
- 30% stronger worm and nut
- 30% stronger sector
- Bigger gears
- Chrome cap
- Bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets
- Accepts Vega-spline u-joints, pitman arms and accessories
- 5/8"-36 spline input shaft
Must use Vega Pitman Arm # 702-2924.
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
- The Vega-style box is preferred by most builders due to the steering geometry of straight axle equipped cars.
- Not Recommended for Vehicles over 3,000 lbs.
- Output shaft is 1" outside diameter
- Splined area tapers from .934" to .997"
- Threaded area takes a 3/4" nut and lock washer
More Like This
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Flaming River FR1500TC Chrome Tech-V Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering Box
Speedway Chrome Vega Cross Steering Box
Speedway Vega Style Steering Box Combo, All New Assembly
Flaming River FR1541 Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Flaming River FR1498 1967-70 Mustang Manual Steering Box
Classic Performance VEGA-PSB Vega Power Steering Box
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box
Flaming River FR1497Q 1964-66 Mustang Manual Steering Box
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Learn about Mustang II Power steering and the components that are necessary for success.