FAST 7501715 1957-74 Chevy V8 XRi Points Ignition Conversion Kit
Chevy Small Block V8
Here’s the easiest points conversion kit on the market. Simply remove the old points and condenser, install the XR-i electronic ignition module on the supplied adapter plate, and run a couple of wires. Everything fits under the OEM distributor cap so you retain a restoration-perfect “factory look.”
Each kit includes a PS20 1.4 ohm oil-filled ignition coil with black finish.
- Never replace points again
- Easy two wire hookup
- Improved starting and mileage
- Built-in 4000-8000 RPM adjustable rev limiter
- Picks up timing from distributor cam lobe
- Fully sealed
- Operating Voltage: 6-18 Volts, reverse polarity protection, negative ground
- Current Draw: 3 amps max @ 5,500 RPM
- RPM Operating Range: 6,500 RPM
- RPM Limiter Range: 4,000 to 8,000 RPM
- Primary Voltage Output: 400 volts (inductive discharge)
- Primary Energy utput: 45 millijoules w/ PS20 coil and 1.65L ballast resistor
- Peak Spark Gap Current: 50 milliamps w/ PS20 Coil and 1.65L ballast resistor
- Spark Duration: 2100 microseconds @ 2,000 RPM
- Coil Dimensions: 2-1/8" D x 5-3/4" L, 1.75 lbs.
- Coil Primary Resistance: 1.4 ohms
WarrantiesCrane Cams Warranty
More Like This
FAST 7501710 1957-74 XRi Chevy V8 Points Ignition Conversion Kit
ACCEL 2010ACC Points Eliminator Kit for GM Points Distributors
PerTronix 1181 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1957-74 GM V8
PerTronix 1162A Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1963-74 GM 6 Cyl.
PerTronix 91181 Ignitor II Adaptive Dwell Control, Delco 8 Cyl
PerTronix 1183 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1931-58 GM 8 Cyl.
PerTronix 91168LS Ignitor II Solid-State Ignition System, Delco 6 Cyl
PerTronix 1168LSP6 Delco Ignitor, 6 Cylinder, Lobe Sensor, 6 Volt
PerTronix 1181LS Delco Ignitor, Lobe Sensor, 8 Cylinder
PerTronix 1168LS Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1939-62 GM 6 Cyl.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!