IMCA/Wissota EngineQuest Sport Mod Spec Chevy Bare 76cc Cylinder Head
Cast Iron, Natural, 76cc Combustion Chamber Volume, 176/178cc Intake Runner Volume
- This head is engraved with IMCA logo and serial numbered by Engine Quest to make it approved for use in IMCA classes that allow the CH350I cylinder head
- 76 cc combustions chamber and 176 to 178 cc intake runners deliver consistent performance
- COMP version (Complete assembled) includes stainless steel valves, performance valve springs, retainers, keepers, and 3/8" screw in studs
- SM version (Sport Mod) also has upgraded Isky valve springs part number 450235D and lightweight Ferrea tool steel retainers
- SC version (Stock Car) also has upgraded Isky valve springs part number 450235D, lightweight Ferrea tool steel retainers, and max flat milled w/ intake surface corrected
This head is engraved and serial numbered by Engine Quest for IMCAs Sport Mods, Stock Cars, and Hobby Stocks. Now approved for WISSOTA Midwest Mods and Street Stocks.
Assembled heads will include the following:
- 3/8" screw in studs # 915-99156
- 76 cc combustion chamber
- 176-178 cc intake runners
- Straight plug
- 1.94/1.50 intake/exhaust valves #910-14140-1 & 910-14145-1
- Available bare or assembled and blue printed
- Heavy duty valves
- (COMP) version includes Retainers and locks # 915-39741 & 577-555
- (COMP) version includes 1.25" high-performance valve springs # 180-671515
- (SM-Sport Mod) version includes Isky Springs # 450-235D, 7 deg locks and Ferrea tool steel retainers
- (SC-Stock Car) version includes Isky Springs # 450-235D, 7 deg locks and Ferrea tool steel retainers, Max Flat Milled w/ intake surface corrected
- Three angle valve job
1.94/1.50 Intake Valves
This cylinder head in stock form has push rod slots in the head similar to a stock GM cylinder head, therefore, no guide plates are needed or utilized. If guide plates are added or utilized, you will need to drill out the pushrod slots for clearance purposes to allow for the push rod guide plate function.
Assembled version will include the following:
COMP - Utilizes Speedway valve springs 180-671515 and 915-39741 retainers.
SM - The Sport Mod version has upgraded Isky valve springs 450-235D, tool steel retainers and spring locators.
SC - The Stock Car version has the same Isky valve spring components as the SM unit and also has been surfaced to max out the compression rule for the IMCA Stock Car.
Notes-Manufactures recommends using R5673-8 NGK or equivalent spark plugs. (373-133 or 373-134 Autolite). -Item expected to be on back order until March 2020
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Learn how to identify Chevy heads on your small block with our Chevy cylinder head identification guide. Our images cover Chevrolet small blocks since 1955.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.