Edelbrock 609715 Performer RPM E-Tec 170 Cylinder Head S/B Chevy
454 Chevy Big Block V8, Assembled Cylinder Head Style, Polished
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Edelbrock to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
These polished assembled aluminum Performer RPM E-TEC cylinder heads from Edelbrock are direct bolt-on replacements for Small Block Chevy engines with Vortec-style manifolds. They feature LT1-style raised runner port design for increased airflow and come equipped with springs for use with mechanical flat tappet and hydraulic roller camshafts.
- Complete 50-State Street Legal Alum Cylinder Head
- Out-of-the-Box Bolt-On Performance
- Design That Improves Intake Port Alignment
- Outstanding High Performance Street Head
- Provides A Semi-Open Combustion Chamber
- 9.2:1 Compression with Flat Top Pistons
- 8.8:1 Compression with 1987-up TBI Dished Pistons
- Match with Edelbrock Multi-Point EFI to Maximize
EQUIPPED WITH SPRINGS FOR USE IN MECHANICAL FLAT TAPPET AND HYDRAULIC ROLLER CAMSHAFT APPS.
INSTALLATION NOTE: Match with Edelbrock head gasket sets. Bare heads will have valve guides and seats installed, but will require final sizing and a valve job to match the valves you will be using. Recommended spark plugs are Champion RC12YC or equivalent 14mm x 3/4" reach with flat gasket seat. To use stock rockers on S/B Chevy heads, .100" longer than stock pushrods are required. Edelbrock pushrods #9629 are recommended. Use Head Bolt Kits for easy installation. S/B Chevy heads may not be used on engines with less than 4" bore (262, 265, 283, 305, 307 c.i.d.) except with cams having less than .450" valve lift.
More Like This
Edelbrock 604919 Performer High-Compression 454-O Cylinder Head, BBC
Edelbrock 60479 Performer Cylinder Head, Assembled, Big Block Chevy
Edelbrock 60499 Performer Cylinder Heads, Assembled, Big Block Chevy
Edelbrock 609815 Performer RPM High-Compression 454-O Cylinder Head
Edelbrock 604515 Performer Cylinder Head, Big Block Chevy
Edelbrock 50459 E-Street Cylinder Head, Aluminum, Big Block Chevy
Edelbrock 60435 Performer High-Compression 454-O Cylinder Head
Edelbrock 60439 Performer High-Compression 454-O Cylinder Head
Edelbrock 60455 Performer RPM Cylinder Head, Big Block Chevy
Edelbrock 60459 Performer RPM Cylinder Head, Big Block Chevy
Q & A
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
Illustration showing the various styles of engine heads you may encounter on the Small Block Chevy engine.
Engine Cylinder Numbers
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Heath P. tells his story on how the passion for 'hot rodding' was instilled in him by his grandfather. From driving tractors on their family farm to becoming a Ford family, you are in for a good read.