Edelbrock 46391 Hi-Torq 383 ProFlo 4 XT EFI 408 HP
383 Chevy Small Block V8, Long Block Crate Engine Type, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement
This fuel-injected 383 cubic-inch small-block delivers horsepower, torque and increased mileage potential in street rods, muscle cars or any demanding off-road vehicle. The unique Rollin’ Thunder hydraulic roller camshaft delivers broad torque throughout the RPM range and up to 17" of vacuum at an idle speed as low as 650 rpm! Pro-Flo 4 XT is a sequential port EFI system that utilizes our E-Tuner app with base calibrations on a supplied 7" Android tablet. The E-Tuner app provides the ability to make many adjustments and also control both fuel and spark from the app on the fly - no need for a laptop computer. Polished finish without water pump.
- Displacement: 383 c.i.d.
- Horsepower: 408 hp
- Torque: 450 ft-lbs
- Compression: 9.5:1
- Block: 4-bolt main with 1-piece rear seal
- Crankshaft: Forged Steel
- Pistons: Hypereutectic
- Camshaft: Rollin’ Thunder Hydraulic Roller #2209
- Rocker Arms: 1.5:1 Roller #77770
- EFI Systems: Pro-Flo 4 XT #35823
- Cylinder Heads: E-Tec 170 #60975/#609715
- Distributor: Included
- Valve Covers: Victor Series Cast Aluminum
- Finish: Polished
- Warranty: 2-Year / Unlimited Mileage
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 30 business days for Edelbrock to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.