Edelbrock 450020 Small Block Chevy Engine Block 2-Piece Rear Main
Universal Fit, 4.125" Bore Size, 400 mains Main Journal Style, 2-piece Rear Main Seal Style
Edelbrock Part #450020 Small-Block Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block is cast and machined in the U.S.A. and made to last. Being cast and machined in the U.S.A. allows Edelbrock to precision machine them to their very own specifications. Engine block part #450020 is the perfect starting point for any Small-Block Chevy high-performance engine build especially when used with an Edelbrock Total Power Package. When it comes to starting with the right base for your engine build... make sure to choose the one made right here in the U.S.A.
Edelbrock part # 450020 Small-Block Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block is manufactured to the following specifications:
- Block Type: Small-Block Chevy
- Block Material: Cast Iron
- Cylinder Wall: Siamese
- Supplied Bore Size: 4.125"
- Supplied Stroke Clearance: 3.750"
- Max Recommended Bore: 4.185"
- Max Recommended Stroke: 4.00"
- Max Recommended C.I.: 440
- Deck Height: 9.025"
- Cam Bearing Bore ID: 2.000"
- Camshaft Position: Standard SBC
- Head Bolt Pattern: Standard SBC
- Inside Head Stud Bosses: No
- Lifter Bores: Standard SBC
- Main Bearing Size: Standard SBC 400
- Main Bearing Bore: 2.8408"
- Main Caps: 4 Bolt Splayed Nodular Iron
- Oil System: Main Priority
- Oil Cooler Holes: N/A
- Rear Main Seal: 2-Piece
- Hydraulic Roller Provisions: Yes
- Stud and Bolt Holes: Through to Water
- Tapped Holes: Standard Thread & Pitch
- Timing Chain/Gears: Standard SBC
- Timing Cover: 8 or 10 Bolt
- Fuel Pump Boss: Yes
- Starter: Standard Location
- Clutch Linkage Boss: Yes
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 4 business days for Edelbrock to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Edelbrock 450021 Small Block Chevy Engine Block 1-Piece Rear Main
Edelbrock 450001 Big Block Chevy Engine Block, 1-Piece Rear Main
Dart Special High Performance Chevy Block, 4.125 Inch Bore
Machined Small Block Chevy Iron Engine Block
Dart 31181111 Little M Block, SBC 350, 4.000 Bore
Dart 31181211 Little M Block, SBC 350, 4.125 Bore
Dart 31161111 Special High Performance Chevy Block, 4.00 Inch Bore
Dart 31161211 Special High Performance Chevy Block, 4.125 Inch Bore
Dart 31131211 Little M Chevy Block, 4.125 Inch Bore
RHS 54901U LS Aluminum Race Block, 9.750 Tall Deck - 4.120 Bore
Q & A
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.
Professional insight on some useful crate engine tools that will improve your engine building experience.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.