Edelbrock 450000 Big Block Chevy Engine Block, 2-Piece Rear Main
Universal Fit, 4.500" Bore Size, 454 mains Main Journal Style, 1-piece Rear Main Seal Style
Edelbrock Part # 450001 Big-Block Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block is cast and machined in the U.S.A. and made to last. Being cast and machined in the U.S.A. allows Edelbrock to precision machine them to their very own specifications. Engine block part #450001 is the perfect starting point for any Big-Block Chevy high-performance engine build especially when used with an Edelbrock Total Power Package. When it comes to starting with the right base for your engine build... make sure to choose the one made right here in the U.S.A.
Edelbrock part # 450001 Big-Block Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block is manufactured to the following specifications:
- Block Type: Big-Block Chevy
- Block Material: Cast Iron
- Cylinder Wall: Siamese
- Supplied Bore Size: 4.500"
- Supplied Stroke Clearance: 4.500"
- Max Recommended Bore: 4.600"
- Max Recommended Stroke: 4.500"
- Max Recommended C.I.: 598
- Deck Height: 9.800"
- Cam Bearing Bore ID: 2.120"
- Camshaft Position: Standard BBC
- Head Bolt Pattern: Standard BBC
- Inside Head Stud Bosses: Yes
- Lifter Bores: Standard BBC
- Main Bearing Size: Standard BBC
- Main Bearing Bore: 2.9375"
- Main Caps: 4 Bolt Splayed Nodular Iron
- Oil System: Main Priority
- Oil Cooler Holes: Integral to Block
- Rear Main Seal: 1-Piece
- Hydraulic Roller Provisions: Accepts- Gen V, VI Link Bar
- Stud and Bolt Holes: Blind Tapped
- Tapped Holes: Standard Thread & Pitch
- Timing Chain/Gears: Standard BBC Gen IV, V, VI
- Timing Cover: Accepts- GEN V, VI 6 Bolt
- Fuel Pump Boss: Yes
- Starter: Standard Location
- Clutch Linkage Boss: Yes
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Edelbrock to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
RHS 54901U LS Aluminum Race Block, 9.750 Tall Deck - 4.120 Bore
Dart 31365235 Special High Performance Ford Block, 4.000 Inch Bore
Machined Small Block Chevy Iron Engine Block
Dart 31354275 Iron Eagle Ford Sportsman 302 Engine Block
RHS 54903 LS Aluminum Race Block, 9.240 Standard Deck - 4.125 Bore
Dart 31161111 Special High Performance Chevy Block, 4.00 Inch Bore
Dart 31161211 Special High Performance Chevy Block, 4.125 Inch Bore
Dart 31131211 Little M Chevy Block, 4.125 Inch Bore
Dart 31151411 Little M Series Small Block GM 305 Style Engine Block
RHS 54903U LS Aluminum Race Block, 9.250 Standard Deck - 4.120 Bore
Q & A
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
Professional insight on some useful crate engine tools that will improve your engine building experience.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.