Economy 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool, 28 Spline
Ford 9 Inch, 28 Spline Count, Steel, Zinc Plated
- Designed to replace the spider gears inside the stock differential carrier
- This economy spool works best for dirt applications with claimer motors and narrow tires
- For Ford 8 inch or 9 Inch rear axles
- Stronger and easier to install than welding spider gears
- Get locked-axle traction at a fraction of the cost of a full spool setup
Our forged, heat-treated steel mini spools are designed to replace the spider gears inside the stock differential carrier. This economy spool works best for dirt applications with claimer motors and narrow tires. - For Ford 8 or 9" rear axles.
Will NOT work on posi carrier. Use with 3/4" chromoly cross pin (listed).
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Tim talks about our Winters quick change rear end & components.
Learn about the power behind the G-body platform and the steps to upgrade a 7.5" bolt rear end to a 8.5" to withstand high horsepower. See how to change the differential fluid and install new gaskets.
Read up on GM 10 bolt ring and pinion installation instructions. Follow along as our employee Zach installs a GM 10 bolt rebuild kit from Motive Gear.
Need help with rear end identification for your classic car? Learn how to identify 9 inch Ford housings and how to measure your axle with our diagrams.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.
A short article explaining the main differences between open and limited slip differentials.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.