Doug's Headers D690YA-B Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-70 Mustang, Blk
260 Ford Small Block V8, 289 Ford Small Block V8, Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Hi-Temp Black, Steel
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 4 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Tri-Y Hi-Temp Black Coated Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Hi-Temp Black Coating
Application1964-1965 Ford Mustang 4.3L/260 V8
1964-1968 Ford Mustang 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1970 Ford Mustang 5L/302 V8
- Doug's Headers D690YA-B 1 5/8" Tri-Y Header Ford Mustang Small Block Ford 64-70 Hi-Temp Black Coating
- Tri-Y Design - Black
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port: SAP
- Primary: 1 5/8 - 2
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- Use power steering bracket H7609
- Use C5ZZ16A052E brace if shock mount center to center is less than 33 3/4 in
- w/o air inj. cyl. heads
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
More Like This
Doug's Headers D623-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-68 Ford, Blk
Doug's Headers D6652-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-73 Ford, Blk
Doug's Headers D626-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D669Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D670A2-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D670A4-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D670S4-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D6714-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In, 71-73 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D623 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-68 Ford, CC
Doug's Headers D661Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 60-70 Ford, CC
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!