Doug's Headers D690YA-B Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-70 Mustang, Blk
260 Ford Small Block V8, 289 Ford Small Block V8, Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Hi-Temp Black, Steel
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Tri-Y Hi-Temp Black Coated Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Hi-Temp Black Coating
Application1964-1965 Ford Mustang 4.3L/260 V8
1964-1968 Ford Mustang 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1970 Ford Mustang 5L/302 V8
- Doug's Headers D690YA-B 1 5/8" Tri-Y Header Ford Mustang Small Block Ford 64-70 Hi-Temp Black Coating
- Tri-Y Design - Black
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port: SAP
- Primary: 1 5/8 - 2
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- Use power steering bracket H7609
- Use C5ZZ16A052E brace if shock mount center to center is less than 33 3/4 in
- w/o air inj. cyl. heads
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 15 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Doug's Headers D623 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-68 Ford, CC
Doug's Headers D626 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D627 Full Length Header, 2 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D661Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 60-70 Ford, CC
Doug's Headers D6652-R Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-73 Ford, Raw
Doug's Headers D670S4 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D690YA Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-70 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D623-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-68 Ford, Blk
Doug's Headers D6652-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-73 Ford, Blk
Doug's Headers D670S4-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.