Doug's Headers D668-R Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Mustang, Raw
260 Ford Small Block V8, 289 Ford Small Block V8, 302 Ford Small Block V8, Raw, Steel, Natural
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Raw Ford Fairlane (66-74) 260-302 Engine, Mustang (64-73) 260-302 Engine, Ranchero (68-74) 260-302 Engine, Torino (66-70) 260-302 Engine, Mercury Comet (70-74) 260-302 Engine, Cougar (68-70) 260-302 Engine, Maverick (70-74) 260-302 Engine. The Dougs Header you have chosen is raw, not Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coated (MCTBC) which is the standard finish on all Dougs Headers. The picture you see is the same header with MCTBC which protects and extends the life of headers by creating a thermal barrier that significantly lowers underhood temperatures and protects the substrate metal from thermal fatigue. It also provide corrosion resistance to protect it for years to come.
Please see our online catalog for specific application information.
Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Precision formed long transition collectors and long tube design... reduces backpressure and increases higher RPM horsepower
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Application1966-1968 Ford Fairlane 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1970 Ford Fairlane 5L/302 V8
1964-1965 Ford Mustang 4.3L/260 V8
1964-1968 Ford Mustang 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1973 Ford Mustang 5L/302 V8
1968 Ford Ranchero 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1974 Ford Ranchero 5L/302 V8
1968 Ford Torino 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1970 Ford Torino 5L/302 V8
1966-1968 Mercury Comet 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1974 Mercury Comet 5L/302 V8
1968 Mercury Cougar 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1970 Mercury Cougar 5L/302 V8
- Doug's Headers D668-R 1 5/8" 4-Tube Full Length Header Ford Mustang Small Block Ford 64-73 Raw Steel
- Raw Steel
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port: SAP
- Primary: 1 5/8
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- Use power steering bracket H7609
- Use C5ZZ16A052E brace if shock mount center to center is less than 33 3/4 in
- w/o air injection cyl. heads
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
- with Floor Shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D668 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D669Y-1R Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Raw
Doug's Headers D669Y-1B Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D669Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D669Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Raw
Doug's Headers D668-B Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D669Y-1 Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D669Y Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
1964-73 Mustang Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Hooker 6901-1HKR Competition Headers, 1966-74 Ford/Mercury, SBF
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!