Doug's Headers D665 Shorty Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Mustang, CC
260 Ford Small Block V8, 289 Ford Small Block V8, 302 Ford Small Block V8
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Mid Length Metallic Ceramic CoatedHeader development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges... no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Mid length headers provide improved groungd clearance for popular muscle cars and street rods
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing... longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1964-1965 Ford Mustang 4.3L/260 V8
1964-1968 Ford Mustang 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1973 Ford Mustang 5L/302 V8
1969-1973 Ford Torino 5L/302 V8
1967-1968 Mercury Cougar 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1971 Mercury Cougar 5L/302 V8
- Doug's Headers D665 1 5/8" 4-Tube Shorty Header Ford Mustang Small Block Ford 64-73 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Shorty Design - Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 3
- Primary: 1 5/8
- Use 65-66 Non Hi-Po V8 clutch equalizer bar and 66.5 or later frame brackets
- Lakewood bell housings require clearancing
- Use C5ZZ16A052E brace if shock mount ctr. to ctr.less than 33 3/4 in
- Will not fit GT40 P heads
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- Lakewood housings require clearancing
- Use C5ZZ16A052E brace if shock mount ctr. to ctr.is less than 33 3/4 in
- With A/c
- For Off-Road Use Only
- with Floor Shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D668-B Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D668-R Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Mustang, Raw
Doug's Headers D668 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D665-R Shorty Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Ford Mustang, Raw
Doug's Headers D669Y-1 Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D669Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Raw
Doug's Headers D669Y Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
Doug's Headers D670A2-R Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Raw
Doug's Headers D670A4-R Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Raw
Doug's Headers D670S2-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.