Doug's Headers D665-B Shorty Header, 1-5/8 In, 64-73 Ford Mustang, CC
260 Ford Small Block V8, 289 Ford Small Block V8, 302 Ford Small Block V8, Hi-Temp Black, Steel
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Mid Length Hi-Temp Black CoatedHeader development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges... no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Mid length headers provide improved ground clearance for popular muscle cars and street rods
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing... longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Hi-Temp Black Coating
Application1964-1965 Ford Mustang 4.3L/260 V8
1964-1968 Ford Mustang 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1973 Ford Mustang 5L/302 V8
1967-1968 Mercury Cougar 4.7L/289 V8
1968-1971 Mercury Cougar 5L/302 V8
- Doug's Headers D665-B 1 5/8" 4-Tube Shorty Header Ford Mustang Small Block Ford 64-73 Hi-Temp Black Coating
- Shorty Design - Black
- Collector: 3
- Port: SAP
- Primary: 1 5/8
- Use 65-66 Non Hi-Po V8 clutch equalizer bar and 66.5 or later frame brackets
- Lakewood bell housings require clearancing
- Use C5ZZ16A052E export brace if shock mount ctr. to ctr.less than 33 3/4 in.
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
- with Floor Shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D623-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-68 Ford, Blk
Doug's Headers D6652-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-73 Ford, Blk
Doug's Headers D626-B Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D669Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D670A2-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D670A4-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D670S4-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In 67-70 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D6712-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In, 71-73 Mustang, Blk
Doug's Headers D623 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 60-68 Ford, CC
Doug's Headers D626 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 67-70 Mustang, CC
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!