Doug's Headers D6648Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 80-87 Ford Truck, CC
Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Metallic Ceramic Coating, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Silver
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's 2/4 WD TRUCK HEADERS Tri-Y Metallic Ceramic Coated Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1980-1985 Ford F-150 5.8L/351 V8
1980-1985 Ford F-150 5L/302 V8
1980-1985 Ford F-250 5.8L/351 V8
1980-1985 Ford F-250 5L/302 V8
1980-1985 Ford F-350 5.8L/351 V8
1980 Ford F-350 5L/302 V8
- Doug's Headers D6648Y 1 5/8" Tri-Y Header Ford Truck Small Block Ford 80-87 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Tri-Y Design - Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 5/8 - 2
- emissions code: legal only for off-highway use (except in California or states that have adopted California emission standards)
- Non catalytic converter equipped.
- with A/C
- with Column Shift
- with Floor Shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D6648Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 80-87 Ford Truck, Blk
Doug's Headers D6648Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 80-87 Ford Truck, Raw
Flowtech 32504FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 6907-3HKR Competition Headers, 80-95 Ford Pickup/Bronco 255-302
Hooker 6907-4HKR Competition Headers, 80-95 Ford Pickup/Bronco 255-302
Hooker 6916HKR Competition Headers, 80-82 Ford Pickup/Bronco 351M-400
Flowtech 32502FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
JBA PerFormance Exhaust 1615SJS Shorty Header, SS, SBF 289/302/351, SC
Hooker 6916-1HKR Competition Headers,80-82 Ford Pickup/Bronco 351M-400
Hooker 6907-1HKR Competition Headers, 80-95 Ford Pickup/Bronco 255-302
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about using a set of Small Block Chevy Sprint Roadster headers for his trike, powered by a stock 305.
In this Tech Tip, one of our customers asks for a suggestion on exhaust headers for his 1933 pickup.