Doug's Headers D6648Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 80-87 Ford Truck, Raw
Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Raw, Standard Flange Style, 1-5/8" Primary Tube Diameter, Steel
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's 2/4WD TRUCK HEADERS Raw SteelHeader development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Application1980-1985 Ford F-150 5.8L/351 V8
1980-1985 Ford F-150 5L/302 V8
1980-1985 Ford F-250 5.8L/351 V8
1980-1985 Ford F-250 5L/302 V8
1980-1985 Ford F-350 5.8L/351 V8
1980 Ford F-350 5L/302 V8
- Doug's Headers D6648Y-R 1 5/8" Tri-Y Header Ford Truck Small Block Ford 80-87 Raw Steel
- Tri-Y Design - Raw Steel
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 5/8 - 2
- emissions code: legal only for off-highway use (except in California or states that have adopted California emission standards)
- Non catalytic converter equipped.
- with A/C
- with Column Shift
- with Floor Shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D6648Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 80-87 Ford Truck, Blk
Doug's Headers D6648Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 80-87 Ford Truck, CC
Hooker 6916HKR Competition Headers, 80-82 Ford Pickup/Bronco 351M-400
Hooker 6907-3HKR Competition Headers, 80-95 Ford Pickup/Bronco 255-302
Hooker 6907-4HKR Competition Headers, 80-95 Ford Pickup/Bronco 255-302
Hooker 6823HKR Super Competition Headers, 1965-1993 Ford Pickup/Bronco
Hooker 6907-1HKR Competition Headers, 80-95 Ford Pickup/Bronco 255-302
Hooker 6907HKR Competition Headers, 1980-95 Ford Pickup/Bronco 255-302
Hooker 6916-1HKR Competition Headers,80-82 Ford Pickup/Bronco 351M-400
Flowtech 12504FLT Long Tube Header, Painted, 1-1/2 Inch Tube Size
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!