Doug's Headers D453-R Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 62-72 Mopar, Raw
273 Chrysler Small Block V8, 340 Chrysler Small Block V8, 360 Chrysler Small Block V8, Raw
- Headers are specifically designed for the 62-72 Mopar vehicles
- Features 3/8" thick machined flanges that will not warp
- Has CNC mandrel bent tubes for a more accurate fit & better flow
- The precision formed long transition collectors and long tube design reduces backpressure and increases higher RPM horsepower
- The tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Raw Dodge Challenger (70-74) 273-360 Engine, Charger, R/T (66-72) 273-360 Engine, Coronet, Coronet Wagons (62-72) 273-360 Engine, Dart (67-72) 273-360 Engine, Demon (70-72) 273-360 Engine, Super Bee (68-72) 273-360 Engine, Plymouth Barracuda (67-74) 273-360 Engine, Belvedere (66-72) 273-360 Engine, Duster (70-72) 273-360 Engine, GTX (66-72) 273-360 Engine, Valiant (67-72) 273-360 The Dougs Header you have chosen is raw, not Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coated (MCTBC) which is the standard finish on all Dougs Headers. The picture you see is the same header with MCTBC which protects and extends the life of headers by creating a thermal barrier that significantly lowers underhood temperatures and protects the substrate metal from thermal fatigue. It also provide corrosion resistance to protect it for years to come.
Please see our online catalog for specific application information.
Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Precision formed long transition collectors and long tube design... reduces backpressure and increases higher RPM horsepower
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Application1971-1974 Dodge Challenger 5.2L/318 V8
1970-1973 Dodge Challenger 5.6L/340 V8
1972-1973 Dodge Challenger 5.9L/360 V8
1966-1972 Dodge Charger 5.2L/318 V8
1970-1972 Dodge Charger 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1972 Dodge Charger 5.9L/360 V8
1965-1968 Dodge Coronet 4.5L/273 V8
1966-1974 Dodge Coronet 5.2L/318 V8
1970-1972 Dodge Coronet 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1974 Dodge Coronet 5.9L/360 V8
1967-1969 Dodge Dart 4.5L/273 V8
1967-1972 Dodge Dart 5.2L/318 V8
1968-1972 Dodge Dart 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1972 Dodge Dart 5.9L/360 V8
1967 Plymouth Barracuda 4.5L/273 V8
1968-1974 Plymouth Barracuda 5.2L/318 V8
1968-1973 Plymouth Barracuda 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1974 Plymouth Barracuda 5.9L/360 V8
1964-1968 Plymouth Belvedere 4.5L/273 V8
1962-1970 Plymouth Belvedere 5.2L/318 V8
1971 Plymouth Belvedere 5.6L/340 V8
1970-1971 Plymouth Duster 5.2L/318 V8
1970-1972 Plymouth Duster 5.6L/340 V8
1971 Plymouth Fury II 5.2L/318 V8
1967 Plymouth GTX 4.5L/273 V8
1967-1970 Plymouth GTX 5.2L/318 V8
1967-1969 Plymouth Valiant 4.5L/273 V8
1968-1972 Plymouth Valiant 5.2L/318 V8
1968-1972 Plymouth Valiant 5.6L/340 V8
1971-1972 Plymouth Valiant 5.9L/360 V8
- Doug's Headers D453-R 1 5/8" 4-Tube Full Length Header Mopar A Body Small Block Mopar 67-72 Raw Steel
- Raw Steel
- Collector: 3
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 5/8
- emissions code: legal only for off-highway use (except in California or states that have adopted California emission standards)
- Fits with Mopar mini-starter part PN P5249644AB
- with A/C
- with Column Shift
- with Floor shifter
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 15 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Which size of headers should I use? Short or long tube headers? Etc. Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.